Needles

Apr 5, 2009
does anyone have any good needle and thread swallowing trick that isnt the one by CA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 5, 2009
!

good god relax im just saying do u know of any needle and thread swallowing trick that isnt that one that you could tell me the name so i could go buy or learn.

Apr 5, 2009
!

Agreed. I think you should edit this post. And even if we did know, we wouldnt tell you. God! this is a magic forum, where we help each other... not an exposure forum!
im just asking if u know any other effects like that that arent that effect and tell me what it is and ill buy it or learn it somewhere.

Jul 13, 2009
ok but do you need to use so many needles ok can u use just 5 or 6?

Think about your question a moment.

If you can do it with many needles, then you can most likely do it with less. But in my opinion more needles=better reaction and higher visibility.

Also if you have the book series, Tarbell has a needle swallowing section.

Sep 1, 2007
Think about your question a moment.

If you can do it with many needles, then you can most likely do it with less. But in my opinion more needles=better reaction and higher visibility.

Not necessarily in every case. If presented as a trick, then by all means stuff as many as you want in there. But presented as a more realistic feat, do less.

Think about it, if you could actually do it, does it seem more believable that you can do 10 or 15, or 25+?

Ask yourself if you want people to leave your show thinking they saw a magic trick, or a realistic feat/stunt. Answer that, then choose what works best for what you want.

In this case, less might be more.

Jul 13, 2009
Okay if you want to be like that Brodger fine. Go with one needle, because if I met a person who could actually thread a needle in their mouth with their tongue, I'd be blown away. If I see someone do more then one I already think their is a trick to it. I even asked my bro and ma the same question and they gave generaly the same answer. Anything over 3 needles is tricky business to them. But if you insist on doing it with less who the heck am I to stop you?

Video if inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJFs-30aDk

Sep 1, 2007
Okay if you want to be like that Brodger fine.

I was not trying to disrespect you, I apologize. Just expressing my views of how this type of effect should be presented. Do what fits your style and works best for you.

Here is a pro also speaking about this type of effect, in an excerpt from Urban Legend. Rather, he is speaking of the effect done with razor blades. Please watch the whole thing.

Another video of inspiration:
http://www.vimeo.com/10661151

Jul 13, 2009
I was not trying to disrespect you, I apologize. Just expressing my views of how this type of effect should be presented. Do what fits your style and works best for you.

I didn't take offense to it, I keep forgetting my humor falls flat when it comes to the internet. But I will keep this apology card for future use heheh.

Here is a pro also speaking about this type of effect, in an excerpt from Urban Legend. Rather, he is speaking of the effect done with razor blades. Please watch the whole thing.

Another video of inspiration:
http://www.vimeo.com/10661151

Heh, I like that excerpt. I agree with his view point, when I watched Paul Patassy pull thirty razors out of his mouth I thought it was magic and not a stunt.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results