Seriously - CHANGE

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know, I'd really like to think there are some people out there who care more about keeping something awesome exclusive, rather than just making money.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I actually don't believe it's real.
I think it was more of a goal for Daniel to create that change by this year.
Maybe he thought that if he said he'd release it a year from when the first video was made, he'd force himself to create one.
Only thing is that creativity can't be forced.

Aug 31, 2007
I actually don't believe it's real.
Maybe he thought that if he said he'd release it a year from when the first video was made, he'd force himself to create one.
Only thing is that creativity can't be forced.

Danny, I understand that you have your opinion about a few things, but the fact that you've introduced your (in my opinion, quite immature) political viewpoint in a post and then proceeded to CRITICIZE another forum member for not posting his political viewpoint up to your standards, it makes it hard for me to listen to you at all. If you had known all along that a political conversation is obviously more appropriate in the PM's, then why did you start one in the first place? Yes, that's a rhetorical question.

In my opinion, even if change wasn't real, the idea of Change itself was what was brilliant. It brought inspiration, creativity, intrigue, and discourse to the magic community. Whether Daniel ever decides to share the trick is up to him. I can't tell you how many great hours I spent with friends and colleagues trying to figure out that trick. It got most of us really engaged and we all honed our own skills trying to create our own methods to change, whether it was real or not. That's the part about magic, we create the idea of illusion and mystique, so if Daniel decides to never release it or never even say a single word about it, then that is his personal choice as an artist. You can take it how you will, but I see this as a good thing rather than a bad. Some of you may find it irritating within the fact that you don't have an answer, but I think this is a feeling that all of us as magicians need to feel in an art so inspired by wonder and illusion.

-Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Danny, I understand that you have your opinion about a few things, but the fact that you've introduced your (in my opinion, quite immature) political viewpoint in a post and then proceeded to CRITICIZE another forum member for not posting his political viewpoint up to your standards, it makes it hard for me to listen to you at all. If you had known all along that a political conversation is obviously more appropriate in the PM's, then why did you start one in the first place? Yes, that's a rhetorical question.

I realize you have issues with this, but why bring the political thing back up? Take it to PMs please. This is a magic forum, let's not get this thread closed.

Aug 31, 2007
I realize you have issues with this, but why bring the political thing back up? Take it to PMs please. This is a magic forum, let's not get this thread closed.

Scarecrow, if you'll read back through my post, I edited in my opinion about Change. I hope you will also realize that I brought up the political thing due to something you even said in your post. "This is a magic forum". I have no tolerance for a member doing something he/she knows is unreasonable to do in the first place.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Scarecrow, if you'll read back through my post, I edited in my opinion about Change. I hope you will also realize that I brought up the political thing due to something you even said in your post. "This is a magic forum". I have no tolerance for a member doing something he/she knows is unreasonable to do in the first place.
I agree he shouldn't have done it. I just think you should keep it to PMs.

Cheers

Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for sticking up? I guess, but yeah it is quite over and there was no offense taken on either sides I hope.

I tend to lean toward Danny's analysis,

"I actually don't believe it's real.
Only thing is that creativity can't be forced." DannyT​

I feel that Change was only a pipe dream.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results