Magic Shops in Orlando, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys,

So for spring break I'm heading down to disneyworld in Orlando. Since I am going to be down there, I thought I might as well look at some magic shops... If there are any. Could you guys tell me some if there are.

Thanks

-blake.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Be aware that most theme park magic shops have their prices way jacked up for the normal layman that walks through the door. I have seen items almost twice the cost as what you pay at your local brick and mortar shop or on the net.

If you think you are going to be able to go in and get an invisible deck or something for the normal fee of $8.00, you are mistaken. Try more like $25.00 and he or she will tell you that it is a bargain of course.

I normally just walk in to see the young goofy kid trying to demo the products. Sometimes they are good though.

I don't know of many shops in Florida but when going to Myrtle Beach I will hit up Conley's House of Magic and Broadway Magic. I believe both shops are still operating.

Let us know though if you find something down there worth visiting.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
In Downtown Disney there's a Magic Masters shop. Some of their stuff is overpriced, but others aren't that bad. For example, it's roughly $15 for an invisible deck (no pun intended), you can also get a decent copper set of cups and balls for about $45 after taxes. The guys that work there are really nice too. There's also Magic Max in Old town. They have a much bigger selection than Magic Masters, but that store just sucks as far as customer service goes. You can also hit up Daytona Magic if you decide to venture out there. That place is HUGE.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys, thanks for the shops.

Reverhart- I looked into the magic shop in disney and yes, the prices looked really jacked up. And it didn't seem as they had a lot of stuff there either.

Sean.Cinco- I looked at that Daytona Beach. Could you maybe give me approximate times from disney to daytona? That store did look really nice and BIG.

Thanks guys.

-blake.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Hey guys, thanks for the shops.

Reverhart- I looked into the magic shop in disney and yes, the prices looked really jacked up. And it didn't seem as they had a lot of stuff there either.

Sean.Cinco- I looked at that Daytona Beach. Could you maybe give me approximate times from disney to daytona? That store did look really nice and BIG.

Thanks guys.

-blake.

It's about an hour and a half-two hours away.

Dec 5, 2009
In Cocoa Beach there is a great Brick and Mortar shop called Magic Dove Magic shop. their website is right here: http://magicdovemagicshop.com/

The website doesn't look like much... but its a great store and it has nice people behind the counter.

This shop recently moved about half a block down the street, and is now, to my knowledge, bigger than the Daytona shop. (And much nicer people!) I would definitely drop by if you can.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
This shop recently moved about half a block down the street, and is now, to my knowledge, bigger than the Daytona shop. (And much nicer people!) I would definitely drop by if you can.

When you mean it has moved, do you mean closer? Or what? It seems nice. Also how long do you think it is from disney?

Thanks

-blake.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
downtown disney is where i got my start. while on vacation, thats why i recommended it, because its the only one i know! one thing about magic masters though, after you purchase an effect, they should take you off to the side and give you a little lesson on how to use it.

if i could go back i would. and i would make sure and show the guy the stuff i can do with a stripper deck now! and my non-gimmicked coin skills. muahaha but seriously i had a blast there.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
downtown disney is where i got my start. while on vacation, thats why i recommended it, because its the only one i know! one thing about magic masters though, after you purchase an effect, they should take you off to the side and give you a little lesson on how to use it.

if i could go back i would. and i would make sure and show the guy the stuff i can do with a stripper deck now! and my non-gimmicked coin skills. muahaha but seriously i had a blast there.

Ok, cool. Thanks, I will be sure to check it out. do you think its pricey.

Highly recommended. Definitely check 'em out, if you get the chance.

I like Daytona Magic except for all the clown/joke supplies they sell, and the fact that they give you huge sales pitch the whole time you're in there. I guess their selection is pretty good though. Come to think of it, that's about the only thing I do like about Daytona Magic lol. I'm spoiled by going to Denny's Studio (www.dennymagic.com) in MD I suppose :)

Dec 5, 2009
I like Daytona Magic except for the fact that they give you huge sales pitch the whole time you're in there...

True. Once I went in there planning on spending $50 on a list of tricks I had composed. I don't think I bought one thing on my list. They wouldn't let me talk, they just kept pitching and pitching, and pitching....but, they do put on a great convention every November!

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
ok, well im going to check out the shop in downtown disney because it is readily available.

But maybe, i will shoot out to daytona if i get the chance... hopefully i will.

thanks guys.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys, so today I went to Downtown Disney and went to the masters magic. I will go through a little bit, because I am tired. Anyway

When I got there, it was pretty tight, meaning there was a lot of people and it was pretty small. Anyway, it was pretty cool.

I got Twisted Sisters, The Ultimate Three Card Monte, and Black and White. I will do reviews on all of these. I have just skimmed these effects tonight because, like I said I'm pretty tired. I will look over them and actually read them tommorow and tell you guys what I think.

-blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results