New Merch Idea

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I remember now..

it said

"I survived the Dan Sperry show and the only thing I got was this stupid shirt"

something close to that, but hey!! that has been used before in so many ways...I don´t think it´s bad you are using it..

EDIT: http://www.dansperry.com/store/

Actually it says "I survived the Dan Sperry show and all I got was this bloody t-shirt" and it has "blood" all on it. haha. And ofcourse he has his original bunny t-shirt

Yes. This. This is the creative and fitting type of slogan I was talking about (...agreeing with)--that would be a much more fitting saying, given what we know about his show (i.e., the audience is never put into any perceived danger; and it fits a theme within the show). Excellent suggestion. :)
Yeah all of this stuff is good, but i use to work as a jingle person for a year i think i can handle this...

merchandise is personal so i'll throw a couple of ideas your way....

I looked over some things and i noticed you are a freakin vampire. You style isn't made for kids. which means we can be as sleezy as hell. But you need a project audience. Thats a must. You need to figure out who do you want to see you perform???

Draven, with your persona, you need a shirt for your fans. Your fans need a name.

Call your fans "STIFFS" Which can refer to corpses and sexual terms.

There's so many ways men and women can use the word stiff and still advertise you

Men: "Born Stiff" (shirts) Guys will dig this!!!
Women: " Wanna Bite?" (that phrase can go on women's clothing in suggestive areas like over the breast area of a shirt, on the ass of pants, etc.)

Universal: "Bite Me"

Imagine a shirt saying this
Universal,even kids: "The William Draven Show" (front) "Not bad for a dead guy"(back)

Universal: "What Am I suppose to do with cards?" (shirt)

(This is great for you since you are a sideshow artist and rarely use cards. Imagine having a shirt displaying severed wrists saying that message)

Women: "Pick a Card" (shirt) two cards displayed on the breast area,which can subliminally substituting nipples. Queen of Diamonds/Queen of Spades

Then other merchandise will fall into place....

gag props: bloody towels that spell your name, vampire teeth, blood capsules, william draven hats(yeah a cheap version of the one you wear) some william draven makeup, a gag severed hand, for when you deliberately ask for an applause, just to make use of that product. If you ever seen basketball games or wrestling shows, how bout some william draven hands to give a louder applause???

I have more ideas, but just get at me for a more in depth look and what i have in store for you merchandise wise....

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Yeah all of this stuff is good, but i use to work as a jingle person for a year i think i can handle this...

merchandise is personal so i'll throw a couple of ideas your way....

I looked over some things and i noticed you are a freakin vampire. You style isn't made for kids. which means we can be as sleezy as hell. But you need a project audience. Thats a must. You need to figure out who do you want to see you perform???

Draven, with your persona, you need a shirt for your fans. Your fans need a name.

Call your fans "STIFFS" Which can refer to corpses and sexual terms.

There's so many ways men and women can use the word stiff and still advertise you

Men: "Born Stiff" (shirts) Guys will dig this!!!
Women: " Wanna Bite?" (that phrase can go on women's clothing in suggestive areas like over the breast area of a shirt, on the ass of pants, etc.)

Universal: "Bite Me"

Imagine a shirt saying this
Universal,even kids: "The William Draven Show" (front) "Not bad for a dead guy"(back)

Universal: "What Am I suppose to do with cards?" (shirt)

(This is great for you since you are a sideshow artist and rarely use cards. Imagine having a shirt displaying severed wrists saying that message)

Women: "Pick a Card" (shirt) two cards displayed on the breast area,which can subliminally substituting nipples. Queen of Diamonds/Queen of Spades

Then other merchandise will fall into place....

gag props: bloody towels that spell your name, vampire teeth, blood capsules, william draven hats(yeah a cheap version of the one you wear) some william draven makeup, a gag severed hand, for when you deliberately ask for an applause, just to make use of that product. If you ever seen basketball games or wrestling shows, how bout some william draven hands to give a louder applause???

I have more ideas, but just get at me for a more in depth look and what i have in store for you merchandise wise....

oh!! man!!

those were some great ideas!!!!

I was wondering if you have some more for me...

bloody tampon

i consider wayne a nice guy - the "i survived" OBVIOUSLY has been done before which is why I incorporated it into 2 thigns in my show:

1 - the t-shirt that says "i survived the dan sperry show and all i got was this bloody t-shirt" and its written in smeared blood with stab/blood marks all over the shirt

2 - i have a sticker that i give away that looks like a "hello my name is" kind of sticker that says "i survived the glass guessing game with dan sperry" for my russian roulette voulnteer

it fits since my show has an almost tongue and cheek saw style of seeing if my audience can get through my show in one piece or without vomiting (it has happened), passing out, etc - like a theme park ride

now with that said...OF COURSE WAYNE CAN USE IT - I have no problem with it we have 2 completely different styles.

but this does bring up a good point and example in research and what I call the "first to the moon" theory. that theory basically says just like many people dreamed of going to the moon the US did it first - this can happen in magic too where people indipendantly come up with a similar or exact same idea but you have to bow to who got to the idea aka "moon" first and respectively walk away. UNLESS permission is granted. - make sense?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
i consider wayne a nice guy - the "i survived" OBVIOUSLY has been done before which is why I incorporated it into 2 thigns in my show:

1 - the t-shirt that says "i survived the dan sperry show and all i got was this bloody t-shirt" and its written in smeared blood with stab/blood marks all over the shirt

2 - i have a sticker that i give away that looks like a "hello my name is" kind of sticker that says "i survived the glass guessing game with dan sperry" for my russian roulette voulnteer

it fits since my show has an almost tongue and cheek saw style of seeing if my audience can get through my show in one piece or without vomiting (it has happened), passing out, etc - like a theme park ride

now with that said...OF COURSE WAYNE CAN USE IT - I have no problem with it we have 2 completely different styles.

but this does bring up a good point and example in research and what I call the "first to the moon" theory. that theory basically says just like many people dreamed of going to the moon the US did it first - this can happen in magic too where people indipendantly come up with a similar or exact same idea but you have to bow to who got to the idea aka "moon" first and respectively walk away. UNLESS permission is granted. - make sense?

wow you are very nice to respond to this thread..and sorry for the "I survived the Dan Sperry show and all I got was this stupid shirt" thing...I guess I got confused...

Dan, thank you very much for responding to this thread, and of course permission to use your same idea. After the first run of shirts is done though, I think, you being the first to the moon, I may walk away from that. There are a few other ideas I'm playing with that I think would work just as well for me.

Dan, thank you very much for responding to this thread, and of course permission to use your same idea. After the first run of shirts is done though, I think, you being the first to the moon, I may walk away from that. There are a few other ideas I'm playing with that I think would work just as well for me.
Draven, have u ever thought about a overhaul on your look, from show to show, dress the part of the geek/vampire/whatever you are... magician, and go from century to century still keeping your look but nothing kills more than variety.... how bout a 16th century all the way to a 21st century Draven??? It will definately help your persona.....Draven 2.0, or classic Draven.....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results