shape of my heart - card trick by me

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
well...

as a routine is great since the music goes really well with the trick...I can imagine using this in a show with a video projector and a camera...

It´s rare to find this kind of tricks...with music...in fact is good to finally see a card trick that doesn´t use the theme song of Cousins AKA the David Cooperfield song of granpa aces...

nice routine!! I think the song is called "shape of my heart" right?

Apr 12, 2010
Of course not!!! I said that i do this Specific video. not that i'm the Inventor of this.
I wrote in the and of the clip "Inspired by Shawn Farquhar".
i never said thet it's my idea.

and for "luis vega": yes. the name of the song is "shape of my heart" by sting

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I love how the song goes with the trick. However, I feel that you have to work on your sleights and fiddle less with your cards.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
"Inspired"??

I only watched the first minute of the video but it copies Shawn's routine (ironically, I might add, for those in the know) move for move - down to the number of cuts he gives, the order of the cuts, the rhythm of the moves, everything. The only thing I've noticed different is that Shawn splits the deck and jogs one half before going into the twin one handed fans. Other than that, it's exactly the same.

"Inspire" is defined as "to give someone an idea for a book, film, product, etc" in the Cambridge online dictionary.

"Copy", on the other hand, is defined as "to produce something so that it is the same as an original piece of work, or to behave, dress, speak, etc. in a way that is intended to be like someone else, for example, because you admire them"

I could've left the "because you admire them" part out. I'm sure you do respect Shawn. But please just say this for what it is.

This wasn't inspired by Mr. Farquhar. Perhaps you yourself were inspired by him. But the routine is an exact copy.

Apr 12, 2010
I thought about what you say and i think you Right.
I should not write "Inspired by".
what i was need to write is "Originally done by" and i'm Change that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results