Large Quantity Deck Storage

Aug 19, 2009
So, I have a lot of decks, like 600 a lot. I've been trying to find a better storage system than brick boxes. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for something that will be fairly inexpensive. A $10 box that only holds 20 decks would cost...$300 for all my decks. I was looking at some at Ikea, but they no longer stock the mini chests. I at least need something to hold 50-75 decks for all my open, in-use decks. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jan 26, 2010
GOto a charity shop/Pawn shop and buy a display case i bought a massive diplay case for £10 and that in dollars is like $4-$6 so look around there plus im a good haggiler lol mentalsim is so helpful

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If you are trying to display 600...then I have no clue.

If you just mean storing them...then I would go to Walmart and buy one of those huge Rubbermaid containers that have snap on lids. That is what my wife and I store all of our decorations for the holidays in and keep them in the basement.

Very inexpensive too.

Aug 19, 2009
The display case sounds like a good idea. I'm more looking for storage with fairly easy access/organization. I've thought about the tubs before, but it seems to me that the curves in the sides and bottom could potentially warp cards over time and would also allow the cards to shift if moved. The IKEA piece I mentioned earlier has 9 drawers and should hold 15 decks or so per drawer. not much wasted space either.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Man...I just thought of the perfect suggestion but I don't know where you could fine one now days.

Years ago...prior to the Internet, libraries had filing cabinets that held card catalogs that held little cards that were about 3x5. Your decks could be lined up in the drawers and you would just pull out whatever drawer you needed to get to certain decks.

Look around at Flea Markets and garage sales. There will be a lot of them in the summer time. The display case would be good too if you can find one cheaply.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Man...I just thought of the perfect suggestion but I don't know where you could fine one now days.

Years ago...prior to the Internet, libraries had filing cabinets that held card catalogs that held little cards that were about 3x5. Your decks could be lined up in the drawers and you would just pull out whatever drawer you needed to get to certain decks.

Look around at Flea Markets and garage sales. There will be a lot of them in the summer time. The display case would be good too if you can find one cheaply.

We still have those at my school library haha :p

Aug 19, 2009
Wow, a card catalog would be perfect! There are some on eBay, but they are insanely expensive. I'll keep looking though. Thanks for the tip!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
http://www.bestmagicdeals.com/2009/12/new-years-resolution-organize-my-decks-of-cards/

This is an article I wrote for bestmagicdeals.com a while back about getting organized. In it I show what I use to organize cards. I bought it from Walmart for less than $30, and it held my entire collection until I was WAY past the 200-something mark. I never did count the exact # of cards it held, but you could get your 600 in 2 or 3 of these. Does less than $90 sound better?

IMG_1131.jpg

Hope it helps.

L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results