Bit of advice on combining tricks?

Apr 6, 2010
As ive only been flourishing for a couple of weeks, i dont expect i will want to, or need to begin combining the few flourishes that i know for a while yet. But, i would like to give it a go so that i start being creative with what i do right from the beginning, and hopefully stray from just copying moves from everyone else.

What i was hoping with this thread, is if perhaps any of you could give me some advice on methods you use to combine and link different cuts, flourishes and shuffles and whatever else together smoothly. Not so much a routine but more so a combination of movements that can be swapped, rotated and such to provide a basis for creativity.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, but just so you know, i am not asking for flourish routines themselves, yet tips about how you guys find it easiest to link them together without to much interuption to the fluidity of your movements.

Cheers,
Steve

Hmm, how to explain colour to a blind man? What you're talking about is "flow" and it's not easily explained. However, there are certain steps you can take to achieve this.

The most important step of all is to master the basics. MASTER. Key word there. When you have all your basics down pat, combining moves that flow and link well will become that much easier.

I suggest you purchase/review XB1, the basics are all there, but the difference is Jerry Cestkowski actually goes through the thought processes of flow and routining as well. Mastery won't come to you overnight, but work on it and you'll be surprised.

- JCG

Apr 6, 2010
Thankyou, and im sure it will come in time.

I kinda dropped myself into the deep end by getting The Trilogy as my first learning source - it may seem like a stupid mistake but im glad i made it now.

I guess what i was asking was quite self explanatory, as you say over time i will come to improve my ability to control the cards and this will in turn provide me with flow and combinations naturally.

Cheers,
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results