Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I Wished For Beauty

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I Wished For Healing From An Ailment

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I Wish For Something Else, that I'll explain in a reply post

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
Imagine: You're going through your grandpa's attic on an adventure to alleviate boredom one stormy weekend when lost among his boxes riddled with stickers from his worldly travels back in his days as a soldier in the army you come across a rather interesting box. Inside this box is the mummified remains of a disembodied monkey's paw. Remembering some legend from school that your English teacher forced you to read one year, you decide to on a lark give it a try. You loudly make your wish.... and to your chagrin the paw extends one finger. You feel a sick lurch from inside your stomach. You know this feeling well, you had it a few weeks ago when you broke the windshield on your dad's vet out with a baseball on accident, but something from deep within your skull suggests that the trouble you've gotten yourself into this time is far worse...

Now that the stage has been set, please help me in a little research for an effect I'm working on. Tell me... What was it that you wished for anyways?

Hmm, really interesting thread

My first wish would be to have several more wishes and a pen and notepad to plan out the rest of them.

When I re-read my answer it sounded increadiably selfish. The rest of the wishes would be for the bettering of things, not anything to extravagant. What would be the point in living when you can just create your life with the wishes, I think that I would keep the wishes to a moderate minimum

Sep 2, 2009
It's a very hard question, and I'll try to explain my choice as clearly as I can (Even if I'm french, and like most of french people, I'm extremely bad in english...)

I think two wishes will stand out in my mind :

1) I wish I could control material (atoms,...), because it would mean being able to change anything into something else, destroy and build anything from nothing. It would mean being able to teleport yourself at places you would like, being able to change air into gold,...

2) The second wish is simpler : I wish I could have the complete control of the time. Return back in the past, take a look on what the future will looks like, stop the time, etc...
This implies the possibility to do whatever we want without being bothered by someone else (Pointing a bank, kill someone ,...) I know this is not very legal, but that was just to give examples.

I hope you understand what I had in mind =)

Foppa21

Jul 14, 2008
I think I read Monkey's Paw for English. Anyway, my wish would be go back in the past and fix my regrets. After all, there is nothing more painful than regrets. I know it is one wish, but I could not think of the other two.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I wish I could do real magic!!

that way I would be rich!! so 2 wishes by the price of one!!

the other one...would be that I could fly, but I guess magic got that covered...

I think real magic would pretty much do everything I need...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The only one I really cared about was romance. I should clarify - I don't really want to wish for romance. I am happily in a relationship. I don't like the theoretical implications of wishing for romance (that whole free will thing). I've never really had a problem with women or relationships in that sense, I suppose I'm lucky to be able to say so. But I've definitely made some mistakes on that front. And more than anything else I wish it could be simple. At least sometimes. And I do wish that I could have one particular choice again, and keep my head a little better and trust that I knew what I was doing.

I don't pop in much but I do hope you're well Draven. Keep it up :)

Nov 8, 2009
It's a very hard question, and I'll try to explain my choice as clearly as I can (Even if I'm french, and like most of french people, I'm extremely bad in english...)

I think two wishes will stand out in my mind :

1) I wish I could control material (atoms,...), because it would mean being able to change anything into something else, destroy and build anything from nothing. It would mean being able to teleport yourself at places you would like, being able to change air into gold,...

2) The second wish is simpler : I wish I could have the complete control of the time. Return back in the past, take a look on what the future will looks like, stop the time, etc...
This implies the possibility to do whatever we want without being bothered by someone else (Pointing a bank, kill someone ,...) I know this is not very legal, but that was just to give examples.

I hope you understand what I had in mind =)

Foppa21

Have you read Watchmen??

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I wished that I could have vengeance against my enemies. I don't mean this in a bad way, but i wish I could go back and not perform for anyone at my school. I know this sounds ridiculous, but ever since I did a trick to some people at my school (i didn't mess up), they've been making fun of me and shoving me away from everything they do. So I wish that I could go back and never have done it, only to random people I don't know. I wished for vengeance because they always do that to me everyday and I want to stop it. But hey, this isn't even real so why bother explaining more. Haha.

-Casey

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I would wish to be happy with my wife for the rest of my life, to continue to teacher successfully, and to not have to worry about money (not necessarily be rich, but not worry about bills and the like).

Imagine: You're going through your grandpa's attic on an adventure to alleviate boredom one stormy weekend when lost among his boxes riddled with stickers from his worldly travels back in his days as a soldier in the army you come across a rather interesting box. Inside this box is the mummified remains of a disembodied monkey's paw. Remembering some legend from school that your English teacher forced you to read one year, you decide to on a lark give it a try. You loudly make your wish.... and to your chagrin the paw extends one finger. You feel a sick lurch from inside your stomach. You know this feeling well, you had it a few weeks ago when you broke the windshield on your dad's vet out with a baseball on accident, but something from deep within your skull suggests that the trouble you've gotten yourself into this time is far worse...

Now that the stage has been set, please help me in a little research for an effect I'm working on. Tell me... What was it that you wished for anyways?
Draven i wish for romance, immortality, and to be rich.....

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'd want to be rich, mostly because I get really stressed out if I have to worry about money. Finances in general just cause me massive anxiety.

I'd want a better job, namely performing.

The 'other' I want is the ability to teleport, without error, at will.

Jan 13, 2008
Definitely wouldn't wish for anything. Monkey paw = bad news. Even genies are tricksters, according to genie lore (that sounds funny..."genie lore"). Anyway, wishes tend to turn out horribly for the wisher. Hence, no wishes from me. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results