Original Ideas

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
i dont mean to sound boastfull or anything but i like to think of myself as a creative person. i enjoy tinkering with my own tricks i created an effect where a coin is pushed through the glass of your watch and then handed out for examination with the coin inside the watch. i also tried a mentalist take on the torn and restored card that i end with a sandwich routine using only the for corners of my torn card.

now that i have shared a few things with you i was wondering, what is the most original concept you have thought of (no exposure obviously).

and also have you ever created an original prank out of things you learned from magic. it has to be original (no levitating sh*t via suran wrap over toilet).

this is just to help boost creativity and help everyone work with their ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

4os

Dec 12, 2009
nor cal
i am right now working on a way to have a piece of paper, a dollar, a card, what ever. touch it to flame (candle, match, lighter, even a lit cigarette) and have it burst into flame! in a few seconds the fire has gone out and the paper i not even scorched except for a thought of number, card, name, or word that has burned its outline through the paper

its not done yet, and i think ellusionist just came out with some thing kinda like it, but with less fire:mad:

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I don't know what is the 'most' creative or original, but I'll post something I came up with today on the way to work.

Basically a card is selected (signed if you prefer) and then the deck is handed out for shuffling. An empty Altoids Smalls tin is shown empty and then closed, rubbed on the back of the deck and then opened. There is one card inside, it is dumped out and opened to reveal their card.

The handling is clean (needs to be practiced, but looks great in a mirror) and there are no funny moves (one of my main stipulations when creating).

I've been working on getting a folded card into an Altoids smalls case for about 3 weeks and it clicked on the way to work, I worked it out on breaks, and have been practicing all night.

Jan 31, 2010
A selected card's reflection being frozen in a mirror. The card appears in the reflection of the spectator without blocking anything out, and the card itself is not hiding in the background. The mirror and frame can be inspected, and the card that appears is actually the reflected version. It can also be done with a signed card.

I've built a few so far and they all work well.

4os

Dec 12, 2009
nor cal
A selected card's reflection being frozen in a mirror. The card appears in the reflection of the spectator without blocking anything out, and the card itself is not hiding in the background. The mirror and frame can be inspected, and the card that appears is actually the reflected version. It can also be done with a signed card.

that seems badass! i would love to see a vid of that up!

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Yeah I'd love to see that.

Feb 5, 2010
I found this great idea a few hours ago while on the toilet ( its where most of my ideas come from) But on the U.S. 1 dollar bill there is the all seeing eye on top of a pyramid. well i was thinking about a way of getting the eye to disappear. im still working out some kinks but i think i can get to test it out on the streets by sunday

Apr 1, 2009
California
Im currently developing an absolutely incredible business card effect. It will either be the greatest thing known to man... or the worst.

Im currently developing an absolutely incredible business card effect. It will either be the greatest thing known to man... or the worst.
@ Daniel H, that sounds like something worth publishing, would love to hear more bout it....

@4os, wuts the name of the ellusionist effect???

@Silver, if that effect is as good as it sounds, would you accept some compensation for performance rights???

@Reapex, the same i said for Silver goes for you too....I'm trying to do a compilation of magic, thats why i'm eager to buy effects from others. I want the effect to be never before done as well. Which is why the underground scene is really working for me.

@Asher F, the idea seems to be self working which is what i'm about, would love to hear more of that. I'm currently trying to create a self working business card, where i can do magic and promote myelf at the same time.

Apr 1, 2009
California
It's very self working. It takes a little bit of time to create the gimmick, but other once it's made, it's super easy. I just need to figure out where I'm going with it, luckily it's not a one hit move routine, the effect calls for several climaxes. The concept isn't the most original, inspired by a whole different kind of effect, but never, to my knowledge used for business cards in this fashion.

It's very self working. It takes a little bit of time to create the gimmick, but other once it's made, it's super easy. I just need to figure out where I'm going with it, luckily it's not a one hit move routine, the effect calls for several climaxes. The concept isn't the most original, inspired by a whole different kind of effect, but never, to my knowledge used for business cards in this fashion.
i can't wait to see it.....

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I am currently trying to elminate as much tricks that were made by others from my routines. Mainly because when you make an original trick and perform it, the spectators would most likely never see anything like your trick and that is what makes your tricks rare and original.

So my first and what I consider my best creation has to be a 3 card monte routine, in which the 2 queens and an ace are placed on the table, then without any monte throws or mixing the cards around, the ace moves from place to place and finally in my pocket. From the research I have down it is original, but you never know.

Sep 1, 2008
Los Angeles
I found this great idea a few hours ago while on the toilet ( its where most of my ideas come from) But on the U.S. 1 dollar bill there is the all seeing eye on top of a pyramid. well i was thinking about a way of getting the eye to disappear. im still working out some kinks but i think i can get to test it out on the streets by sunday

look up fraud by daniel garcia for some advice on that. :)

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
Cedric Taylor;302237 @Asher F said:
there is a bussiness card effect in the TA box set. i also have a few ideas with bussiness cards that i have performed and they work well mostly. one of wich is a prediction that is wrong at first but you wipe a eraser over it and it changes to the correct card. and a matrix effect where you make dots you drew on a card disapear and reappear at other places.

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
darn it i messed up my quote

@ cedric taylor you can e-mail me if you really want more info on that effect. my email is spiderd17@yahoo.com or you can pm me or whatever you guys do

Sep 1, 2008
Los Angeles
and yeah people i can't wait to see ur ideas on video. all the ideas sound awesome. Im gonna be humble and say i only have 2 ideas myself that ive been using for a total of 2 years so far (all card magic) and soon to be seen on Theory11...but first i need to get some performance shots... :) lol

and yeah people i can't wait to see ur ideas on video. all the ideas sound awesome. Im gonna be humble and say i only have 2 ideas myself that ive been using for a total of 2 years so far (all card magic) and soon to be seen on Theory11...but first i need to get some performance shots... :) lol
ohh yeah guys, even Rik Allen can atest to this, its definately an effect in the works, that uses no cards, no coins, none of that funny stuff, its entitled PopCorn. Its gonna be pure magic. I promise you guys are gonna like it when its done. I have other effect but only stuff to perform, nothing marketable, due to the fact that they are effects highly based off other released effects both old and new....

but still as soon as i get my new website up, i think you guys are gonna love what you get from me....

Jan 31, 2010
Well damn, I wasn't expecting people to actually be interested in it. I've shot most of you PMs I think, but if anyone else wants a video or pictures of the mirror effect let me know.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
ohh yeah guys, even Rik Allen can atest to this, its definately an effect in the works, that uses no cards, no coins, none of that funny stuff, its entitled PopCorn. Its gonna be pure magic. I promise you guys are gonna like it when its done. I have other effect but only stuff to perform, nothing marketable, due to the fact that they are effects highly based off other released effects both old and new....

but still as soon as i get my new website up, i think you guys are gonna love what you get from me....

Definitely in the works, PopCorn continues to evolve. What started out as a few productions, transformations, and vanishes has grown into something wonderful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results