Magic Poetry

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Hello!

Back when I was doing my GCSEs, I remember I was very fond on writing poems, I would write Petrarchan Sonnets at home and Haikus at time I could.
So I just found my old small notebook filled with Haikus and found one that actually is about magic:

It disappeared
It Really went up his sleeve
The audience ,amazed.

I think I wrote that poem when Derren Brown came first on TV and he did this trick that blew my mind, then I started researching magic but found the methods were not as fun. So I kinda stopped magic before I even started.
But who would have known 4 years later I started magic again.

So that got me thinking, rather than maybe using a story for a magic trick, how about a poem?
I think it could work, 1) It interests the audience 2) most importantly entertains them 3) From the little research I did its a very original idea.

So what do you think?
I am currently writing a petrarchan sonnet for an Ace Cutting routine.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I went to a magic competition recently (I wasnt participating only watching) In the "Juniors" catergory a girl did a Cut & Restored rope routine to a poem. I quite enjoyed it.

- Jenai

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
its not completly unheard of it has been done before. but i think its a great idea for you to write your own. if you want to see one that someone else has done look up 'dan sperry reads a poem' on Youtube its one of my favorites

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i love this, its a beautiful way to add substantial meaning to an effect, as long as the poetry doesnt become the focus and the magic a sideshow, its beautiful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results