The Best of the Best - The Ultimate

Aug 28, 2009
Athens,Greece
Hi.I'm not new in magic,but I haven't got any professional deck of cards, except one deck of blye rider bicycles which i got in an offer along with some chips of poker from a shop.But I wanted to buy for a long time some professional decks,and I did a research among pretty much all the decks that are sold-here in theory 11 and in other sites.What I will never know,though,is the feel of the cards.I have an idea about some decks from what I've read and from personal experience (for example I know that bikes can in no way spring at all,at least my deck) but I wanted a full and complete review,or as close to that, about which deck is the best-if you had to give the title to one,which would that be.For example which makes the best fans?Which springs the best?Which can do a thousand faros and still be like they're just out of the box?Which has the best durability?Which is able to preform an Annaconda Dribble?Which has everything?Which is the best of the best? That I wanted to know.I haven't mentioned appearance and look although I believe it plays a very important role and I would like you to consider it when you will answer.So,which is this deck,out of every one that exists? I thank you very much in advance for your replies, and I think that this will be very helpful for others with the same questions.I apologise if this matter has already been discused somewhere else.I just wanted to conclude everything here.Thank you again, both you who will reply and Theory 11 for everything offered to all of us.

the spade

Dec 14, 2007
There is no such thing as a 'professional deck of cards.'. You are the victim of marketing hype. (Some card rooms prefer a plastic kem type card, but for reasons having nothing to do with our requirements.)

Sure some cards are thicker than others or have different finishes, but ultimately these factors are irrelevant. (Of course, the 99 cent plastic coated cards you find in drug stores are awful)

Most of the real world working pros I know use the bicycles they buy in bulk from sam's club or costco. Perhaps one of the greatest whomever lives always used bee's.

They don't/didn't seem to have any trouble doing everything in their reperatoire and entertaining their paying clients.

The cards don't do the magic/moves, the magician does.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
A couple of reasons I like performing with split spades is they last long, I don't know If David intended this for DLs but the cards are a little bit thinner then normal cards, the deck also includes optical illusion integrated into some of the cards and the queen of spades is pre-gaffed holding the 4 of spades.the deck more geared towards magic then it is xcm and flourishes. Mind you I don't think db does a whole lot in the way of flourishes either.

Dec 14, 2007
A couple of reasons I like performing with split spades is they last long, I don't know If David intended this for DLs but the cards are a little bit thinner then normal cards, the deck also includes optical illusion integrated into some of the cards and the queen of spades is pre-gaffed holding the 4 of spades.the deck more geared towards magic then it is xcm and flourishes. Mind you I don't think db does a whole lot in the way of flourishes either.

I use a new deck every show. With bikes in bulk you can easily afford to do that.

As to the queen of spades gaff - apparently most people have just never looked closely at what they hold in their hand everyday!

For those who need a more direct reference, check out The Gypsy Woman from The Dance. Great presentation/routine for this anomoly, if I do say so myself. (For the record, I wasn't the one to discover it, but I don't know of any uses of it in print until mine. The Dance was published several years before blaine did something with it the idea on tv.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results