5 Sleights for the Rest of Your Life

May 7, 2009
If you could only do five card magic sleights for the rest of your magic career, what would they be?

Sep 24, 2007
Almost the same as the above poster, except instead of DMB spread control I'll just say "cull," and instead of pinky count, I'd say "palm."

Sep 1, 2007
Double Lift
Palm
Pass
Classic Force (Only if it works 100%, otherwise, riffle force)
Roadrunner Cull

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Why would anyone NEED more than five? Yes I use more than five but I could easily live on five. Actually I mainly use five anyway maybe six;
Double lift
Classic Pass
Top Change
Cull
Peek
that would be the top five, other ones that I use are
Classic force
Gray shuffle
Top palm
that's pretty much all I use when I am working I may use variations on them but for the whole that is more than you need. Truth be told I could live on the cull top change and peek.

Double undercut
Jog shuffle
Double lift
Riffle force
ATFUS

That would do me fine, pretty much all i use anyway. I was going to say pinky break, but I wouldn't really consider that a sleight, it's more a 'get ready' for something else. Although I will say that the pinky break is THE MOST under appreciated 'thing' in card magic! Most of us would honestly be screwed without it!!

Rev

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Why would anyone NEED more than five? Yes I use more than five but I could easily live on five. Actually I mainly use five anyway maybe six;
Double lift
Classic Pass
Top Change
Cull
Peek
that would be the top five, other ones that I use are
Classic force
Gray shuffle
Top palm
that's pretty much all I use when I am working I may use variations on them but for the whole that is more than you need. Truth be told I could live on the cull top change and peek.

This is so true! And i think most magicians would be better of just learning a few sleights REALLY WELL!

I just did some "spring cleaning" in my sleight tool box and threw out anything that i dont use on a daily basis and just focused on getting them as good as possible and my magic has improved a lot.

I feel that most magicians seem to think that you need to know everything to be a good magician but thats not true. Only if you performe for other magicians as your audience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results