The REAL Satisfaction of Magic

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Ian,

And I quote "But what I need, and what everyone needs, is a guiding hand - not a freaking slap in the face saying it was terrible."

I and nobody else in that thread EVER said it was terrible. We ALL gave you a "guiding hand". I was trying to help you out. I gave you some advice that would help your magic, and be the best for you.

Do you want us to lie to you!? I can, but I won't! I'm not going to stand by and let some magician trying to advance in the art go asking for help, and not try to help him. I WILL try to help him. That is what we ALL did in that thread. But no...you had to go cry and make a thread looking for sympathy.

"holier-than-thou" We aren't being "holier-than-thou". We are TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!!!

So stop complaining and take the constructive criticism. We are only trying to help you out. If you don't want to make videos and post them here, fine. Your loss. I don't care.

"prepubescents" What? That's how your acting.

BTW, you definition of "holier-than-thou" makes no sense. If I was holier-than-thou, I wouldn't have tried to help you.

EDIT: I thought you "left" a long time ago Ian? Care to explain?

Cheers

I doubt you'll even reply to this post...

well...my english is good...but I would really like you to explain that term for me...

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
well...my english is good...but I would really like you to explain that term for me...

It means that someone is acting like they're better than you. They are "holier" than you. They treat you like trash because you are insignificant and they are on a higher level than you.
Obviously these are not nice people to be around. Hope that helps. :)

Cheers

Didn't really read many of the responses but I'll say this to the OP.

When you're showing a video to a magician you HAVE TO expect those kind of comments. We're magicians here, we're analytical and we are always trying to perfect our own work.

I commend you for performing and getting great reactions... but even then that doesn't mean your work cannot be improved. It can ALWAYS be improved, whether it's covering a flash, enhancing your presentation, or simply practicing new effects for your routine.

Instead of complaining about some of the feedback your getting... think about said feedback. Take it to heart because if they're noticing something then perhaps on the off chance a spectator will notice something.

Your work will never be perfect but it can always be improved. Don't get discouraged by some comments... use them to fuel your magic.

Mitch

Sep 20, 2008
Hi there,

While it would totally be ass-kissing to fully support your statement, it would only seem so to those that actually visit these forums every single day of their lives. Those who dont however, would probably see the better half of your post, Lest- Support it.

To elaborate further, I know what you mean about perfection. Why should i bother doing this and that, when my peers, and whomever i perform to say im amazing?

Majority of people would say because, there's always something that can be performed better. True. But stopping and being happy with the way you do things and the way you work doesnt hurt Either. Its not settling for mediocrity when you full accept that you are skilled, and that you dont want to go further.

Sadly, not a lot of people share that. They suggest moves, Suggest things that you should do. Say that you should've done this, or should've gotten the spectator involved. There's never a moment where its just a simple 'Nice one man, well done'. There's always a Negative comment lurking around.

I guess you can either say that no one here settled for mediocrity. Or everyone here (well, Majority) is so far up their own ass, that they cant even tell what's good from bad.

Saying that, I wish you all the best- you seem like a nice guy, who just had a sensitive moment.

-Sin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results