Oh no, they didn't...

Oct 23, 2007
ok guys what is up well he the topic for this thread i cannot use cards at school at all 5 days iss that would be bad wroth it but bad so when i was told this i snaped my pencil in my hand rite then after my heart stopped so what is good out there what has nothing at all to do with cards?

//joey haley//

Yeah its terrible I have had the same problem people are annoying. I have been doing a little pen spinning and coin stuff during school, when it's over I always take my cards out. My advice is trying something like that.
Hope that helped,
Michael

Oct 23, 2007
ok sry guys i did that one fast ok at school we are not aloud to use cards cause of some reson and if am found with cards at all i get 5 day iss. so i need magic that is not card related ok. i hope i cleared that up

//joey haley//

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2007
Yeah its terrible I have had the same problem people are annoying. I have been doing a little pen spinning and coin stuff during school, when it's over I always take my cards out. My advice is trying something like that.
Hope that helped,
Michael
thank you so much but i need hard hitting stuff cause that is what i am know for and i am in 9 grade so need alot of thing to get me threw school

Sep 1, 2007
it did clear stuff up. I would try coins. That is probably the one thing were you can do lots of cool effects and nobody can say anything about them. I mean, what are they gonna do? ban money?... I can totally see the American School System doing something like that actually...

haha i'd do that... i got in trouble today for doing distortion for some people... until my dean saw the actual trick and patted me on the back and told some more teachers. i ended up havin a little show during passin period.

Oct 17, 2007
I had the same exact problem. I was just flourishing, cause during my lunch I sit there in the halls and flourish (and people see me and ask me to do tricks), in fact I was in the middle of a fan flip cut, and the dean -- actually he might have just been a "hall monitor" :rolleyes: -- but anyway, he walks up, says "do you do magic?" I said "yeah" and he goes "you're really talented now put the cards away."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So now I'm gonna do coin magic just to make him mad because he can't do anything about it :p

(By the way, what's some good coin magic stuff? I tried getting DD but it just got suspended.)

I used to gamble during maths class, those were good times. I used to get in trouble if I were playing with them during class and the teacher actually taught things, but around the school no one cared.

Oct 11, 2007
Ah, I've been having the same problem with cards getting taken away. One thing I can think of is finding a way to make the deck disappear instantly. I believe I've seen a topit like device used for this before, but you might be able to devise a pull for the card box?

I have found that if I do magic during or right after lunch until lunch is over that it is ok. And there is a 15 minute break after 2nd period and if I go outside I can do magic then. If it is good enough the kids will probably follow you out wherever as long as they get to see some. I also have a couple teachers who really like it and let people circle me and waste class while I do magic for the class. But if you're not that lucky, and can find any time to sneak some card tricks in...

I'm thinking:
-Coin Tricks (obviously). I like using some Raven stuff if you have one.
-Sponge Balls
-Really sponge anything...rabbits,cubes, etc...
-Even though its a card, hover card is only one card. This can sometimes cause problems at school depending on your crowd control skills and the grade. For 9th I wouldn't advise it though unless you really want to.
-I see no reason why TT(thumbtip) effects wouldn't work. If at lunch a sugar/salt vanish and reproduction. Pull out a silk for no reason. Hundred Dollar Bill Change.
-I also think you might start looking into psychology(as it helps) and mentalism. Pick up some videos from Banachek and the like, start learning more tricks with the mind. A lot of those don't use anything more complicated that a sticky note and a pen. It packs a big punch if played right, and besides some thinking you are a magician, many will see you as paranormal and psychic...scare the teachers a bit eh? Get back at em?
-Pull out some paper cups and paper balls...do a version of cups and balls.
-Rubber band through pencil if you know it. I forget the name but it's one from Jay Sankey.
-Speaking of which, if you have the money or access pick up a few resources or dvd's on impromptu magic. "Anytime Anywhere" for example. Or Sankey's "No Card Tricks".

Theres some ideas. Just think about it and maybe invent a few of your own with school stuff. Pencils, erasers, chalk? And just have fun with it....who needs cards anywho?

Sep 2, 2007
it did clear stuff up. I would try coins. That is probably the one thing were you can do lots of cool effects and nobody can say anything about them. I mean, what are they gonna do? ban money?... I can totally see the American School System doing something like that actually...

Don't say that! you might give them hints!

Anyways. no cards? Get some spongeballs!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results