Perching

hi guys
i just want to ask.. if you know "perching" i think its called... i got the extreme beginners dvd but nerver saw this section... i "youtubed" it and found some videos from the "xcm championship" or so...i want to ask u ... what do u think about that?
i think it's the badest thing you can do as an XCMer... it's so lame... its like.. i dont know... like an extreme card house building or so... i think it's very bad...is these even flourishing?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think I see where this question comes from, Mr.T.

I would say that perching is still relatively unexplored. The biggest problem I see with the concept is this: most people don't actually perform what they practice or create. So, too often, you see people create perching concepts that are incredible elaborate, slow to set up, and unrealistic to actually use in the real world. But that's ok - because most are happy to shoot videos of themselves, and edit out the 30 secs it took them to set it up.

I think perching can be a brilliant concept when executed well, like many others. I just feel that any perching construct needs to be executed creatively, relatively quickly, and needs to have a distinct visual attached.

Please note though that I have no real experience in cardistry - most of this is just my opinion and discussion with friends.

prae has the right idea. its a good concept, but like he said, it needs to flow. and also, like de'vo says, don't make it just sticking cards in the deck and throwing other cards on top to make a big display, thats elementary stuff.

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
Face it, it is actually useless. It's not very entertaining and it's too hard. You have too practice way to much just to get a "nice..!" from someone.

No you missed my point completely. I said jamming cards into the deck and putting othe cards on them to make big displays is stupid, time consuming and ugly. what andrei does is a sequence, it has flow. Sure he might be sticking cards in the deck and making a big display but there is a flow and it looks dang sexy

No you missed my point completely. I said jamming cards into the deck and putting othe cards on them to make big displays is stupid, time consuming and ugly. what andrei does is a sequence, it has flow. Sure he might be sticking cards in the deck and making a big display but there is a flow and it looks dang sexy

If you're judging that from his The'me video, his flow was definitely aided by cuts and editing.

Personally, i'm reserving judgment until he releases the move in Genesis v2.

- JCG

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
he is right....

and the infinity ladder is just great.. has flow.. looks great....

No, he's not - "he is right" does not give your argument any more validity, anymore than me saying that I am dating Elisha Cuthbert on the side makes that a reality.

I will reiterate.

If you can't make something out of perching... You're doing it wrong. Other people can and have made it work. Just because you haven't seen any evidence to the contrary doesn't make it true. Get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he's not - "he is right" does not give your argument any more validity, anymore than me saying that I am dating Elisha Cuthbert on the side makes that a reality.

I will reiterate.

If you can't make something out of perching... You're doing it wrong. Other people can and have made it work. Just because you haven't seen any evidence to the contrary doesn't make it true. Get better.

chill man... i just don't like it.... if it's done good it can be great (like infinity ladder) but i think you have to put to much effort in it to get a reaction u can get from easy one handed cuts....never saw some perching that was not boring... it's slow...it looks bad... it is just lame... but with a bit flow and motion it can be used to create great displays (--> infinity ladder)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results