Rich Ferguson - Tricks to Pick Up Chicks

Apr 15, 2010
Anyone check this book out or have any comments on it? Looks like a fun read, but I just want to make sure it's worth it.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Wait their a book on this! Hopefully nobody flames you. If it sounds fun then buy it, but don't realy this to get you a girlfriend. Others thing can get you a girlfriend like being yourself.

If you just want to pick this up because it sounds fun then heck buy it. We not stoping you.

Apr 15, 2010
Weeeee.

Hey guys, look. Let's all flame the hell out of him for 5 pages because he wants to use our sacred art to "pick up".

I don't know what you're getting at, but if there's a problem with what I've posted then, I guess, I'm sorry.

I'm not interested in the book for picking up girls, but I personally like the psychology of humans and their interactions, and a book that incorporates magic, something I like, and human interaction in a real world, then I'm interested in the read. I merely wanted thoughts or comments on the book considering I couldn't find any other actual reviews on the book. I thought the forums were for advice and comments, but if you want to 'flame' or whatever, then again, my apologies for asking.

I don't know what you're getting at, but if there's a problem with what I've posted then, I guess, I'm sorry.

I'm not interested in the book for picking up girls, but I personally like the psychology of humans and their interactions, and a book that incorporates magic, something I like, and human interaction in a real world, then I'm interested in the read. I merely wanted thoughts or comments on the book considering I couldn't find any other actual reviews on the book. I thought the forums were for advice and comments, but if you want to 'flame' or whatever, then again, my apologies for asking.

Hey, don't worry about it man. People jump on others really quick here because there are soooo many threads about people using magic for pick-ups. I personally havn't heard of the book myself, if you do find anything else be sure to post a bit about it here so another person doesn't end up getting flammed over the situation.
Best luck with the search.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS

hey man. Sorry it doesn't convey well over the net, but I was joking around.

usually when a person on these boards posts any thing about picking up girls through magic, the rest of the forums just tear them apart, etc.

Nov 8, 2007
If it sounds fun then buy it, but don't realy this to get you a girlfriend. Others thing can get you a girlfriend like being yourself.

"Just being yourself" is a nice dream, but the truth is being able to cold approach any girl you want and have the ability to engage her is really a social art form. There's a reason Don Juan was a legend, and it wasn't because he was "just being himself." It was because he was a master of social dynamics.

Unfortunately there really is more to cold approaching girls than just walking up and being yourself. ("Hey there, pretty lady. Just wondering who your favorite professional wrestler and Star Wars characters are.") If that worked how many lonely guys do you think there would be out there? Yes, you want to show someone who "yourself" is, but why should they care in the first place who you are? What makes you any different than every other guy walking up to her that night? That's what pick-up is.

You don't even realize how much more there is to it until you meet someone who is a master at it. Then you realize that, even if you thought you were doing just fine before, you really had no clue what you were doing and why anything you ever said or did worked or didn't work. In the right hands Rich's book is a valuable tool I'm sure.

Dec 25, 2007
I just googled the book, and I do not like the idea.

It is a book about interacting with women - one liners, body language-understanding, wingman-strategy etc. Then it seems like the book has included some magic tricks that can be done as a part of "the game".

You can find guides on how to interact with the other sex on the internet for free, and i think (nearly) every magic trick can be used for the purpose as well as the tricks explained in the book.

But that is just my opinion that I wanted to share with you guys :)

Apr 15, 2010
Hey, don't worry about it man. People jump on others really quick here because there are soooo many threads about people using magic for pick-ups. I personally havn't heard of the book myself, if you do find anything else be sure to post a bit about it here so another person doesn't end up getting flammed over the situation.
Best luck with the search.

Ah I see. I'm pretty new to the forums so I guess I'm not too familiar with that, but thanks for the heads up. I've tried looking around but no luck.

Thanks to others for their opinions, and I guess looking over the product and video description, it may just be another pick-up book - something that can be found online.

But I agree that pick-up is a art in itself. Thanks guys for understanding though, much appreciated.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Guys...picking up girls is not a big game. Although in college it was fun at times. I know I am older than practically everyone on this board so I even though I am married with kids I did have quite a bit of experience at it.

It is all about having confidence in yourself and just plain being yourself. If a girl does not allow you to "be yourself" do you honestly think you are going to put on a mask for the rest of your life to be with her?

If you have a great personality and are confident ( I didn't say cocky ) and know how to be respectful of a girl and treat her right....you do not need some advice from a book.

Can magic help break the ice? Probably but if someone came up to me and wanted to introduce themselves and start forcing card tricks on me...I would probably be a bit weirded out.

Might a book on the topic be funny to read? Perhaps.

Just throwing my old man two cents out there.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
It is all about having confidence in yourself and just plain being yourself. If a girl does not allow you to "be yourself" do you honestly think you are going to put on a mask for the rest of your life to be with her?

If you have a great personality and are confident ( I didn't say cocky ) and know how to be respectful of a girl and treat her right....you do not need some advice from a book.

This is the way you pick up a girl. Mrs. Reverhart knew how to play the field.

It's a nice blend the guy Ferguson came up with. Usually girls get scared by the word magic itself and sometimes you, by showing tricks, degrade your self to a clown status. That means that you become a third class entertainment for her.

This book is a good guide which teaches you how to remain in the position of an Alpha while entertaining a girl. It is different from any other pickup+Magic collaboration I have seen.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
This is the way you pick up a girl. Mrs. Reverhart knew how to play the field.

Number 1...I am a guy, not a Mrs.....ha ha. That is my wife.

Number 2...She did not play the field. I used to play the field and then decided after all the college fun and games it was time to keep a winner that had all of the qualities I wanted, not just a trophy wife or arm candy.

Don't get me wrong...having a smoking hot wife is awesome and has perks, but, fellas, when you get it right, you get one that is also responsible, independent, sticks up for herself and you, is confident in herself, hard working, trustworthy, and is a great mom as well.

Ok...I'll quit rambling now.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
sounds about right.
I love how he still has power on forums that he's barely even active on.

haha thats what you think, he's part cyborg and he 'reads' every thread that gets posted all the way through at warp speed looking for the most oppurtune moment to make a come-back through math algorithms, and magic squares.

Number 2...She did not play the field. I used to play the field and then decided after all the college fun and games it was time to keep a winner that had all of the qualities I wanted, not just a trophy wife or arm candy.

Don't get me wrong...having a smoking hot wife is awesome and has perks, but, fellas, when you get it right, you get one that is also responsible, independent, sticks up for herself and you, is confident in herself, hard working, trustworthy, and is a great mom as well.

"now children women are more than just sex toys!!"

just kidding, amen reverhart.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX

Sorry about that Reverhart. I always get confused with those things. My english sucks right about now so forgive me.

Nov 8, 2007
Whether you're picking up girls for fun, or you're looking for something more (like marriage), the game remains the same--if you can't engage her and get her number, your chances of marrying her are non-existent.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results