Magic with Headphones?

I always want to perform magic with regular day objects that I often times have on me. Things like rings, necklaces, braclets, phones and so forth. Things that myself and other people most often have on them.
So thinking around the other day for other objects I thought to my self I almost always have with me my I-pod and so do many other people. And with an I-pod comes headphones.

So does anyone have any effects that they do with headphones. Has anyone ever tried any? Heard of any place where someone else has tried this, books, dvd's so forth?
What I have looked into so far is a ring penetration, where my ring goes through and onto the headphone cord. It has been a tricky sort of thing lacking fantastic results.
Another thing I have worked on is some method of Chris Kenners missing link with the headphones cord. Still working on that one.

So any ideas anyone? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Very Much

Aug 1, 2008
hmm interesting

hmm what about unplugging headphones from your iPod, and with a snap of the fingers they're playing music on they're own unplugged.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
I have a few interesting routines with this sort of idea. Not going to say to many details now (i wanna perform them myself first :) ) but soon i may share them. Il see if i can get a video up this week!

Jul 13, 2009
You could do a vanishing knot with the cord, that is impromptu. If you had a reel on hand, you could do the silk through mic stand thing but with the cord.

Aug 1, 2008
I'd say so

that won't be hard, all you need is an ipod shuffle a set of headphones and a headphone gimmick, I already have it all planned out:)

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
MAGIC Mag had a routine with a sort of cut and restored headphones routine. It was quite awesome...I will post later what issue so you can check it out.

Mike

Jun 12, 2009
Hmm what about that trick from restless, I believe he links his and someone elses shoelaces together? I have no idea how its done but maybe you could do this with yours and another person headphones? Just a thought. =]

Would probably look nice with the jack falling off and going back on :D

Aug 1, 2008
hmm

how about unplugging your iPod and position your hands holding the headphones about a foot below the iPod, you let go! of the headphones and they slowly float up and reconnect themselves to the iPod.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
how about unplugging your iPod and position your hands holding the headphones about a foot below the iPod, you let go! of the headphones and they slowly float up and reconnect themselves to the iPod.

THAT would be cool!

Aug 1, 2008
hey vorezo! thanks man!

idk if you remember but I was the guy telling you about the dead magician who made that variation to Move, well I meant to make you the video of my performance of it but my camera's been jacking up bad. :/

Jun 12, 2009
What about a trick with your ipod? Like lets say you are listening to a song, the other person has no idea what is going to happen, or what you are listening to, and you put your ipod on shuffle so that the songs are all random, and then put your ipod down onto the desk or table or surface, and ask the spectator to name a song, you then tell them to put on the headphones and its that exact song? Would be interesting..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results