Cheap Magician...Magic Fail

I have a friend who is a real cheap magician. He thinks that he is awesome at magic when he actually is not. He is a loser to such a degree that he no longer thinks that he can ever be a loser. Many of you may not understand how low level he is. So let me give the clearest explaination: HE IS A CRISS ANGEL WANNABE!!! He imitates his fashion, his accent EVERYTHING!

::He is filming "TV Specials" with N95 mobile camera.

::He calls himself a Mindfreak.

::He did Angelo Carbone's the "Shirt Happens" and went to a news press claiming to be the fastest cloth changer ever.

::He wears Handcuffs on his neck

::He talks in English to local people of his country, it is evident that they do not understand.

I want to tell him that he has to find his own style and that he must not paint his style by the style of another magician, but should I really say that on his face?

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
I don't get it. You call him your friend in between numerous insults to him. Which is it?

It doesn't sound like you consider him to be much of a friend. I suggest you distance yourself from him and forget about all of it.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Just sit down with him, and in a matter-a-fact tone, tell him bluntly. Not sound cruel or condescending. Just tell him how you feel and that no one likes a copy cat. Then help him find his own style (which will have to SLOWLY lose the Criss Angel style because "Rome wasn't built in a day").

I don't get it. You call him your friend in between numerous insults to him. Which is it?

It doesn't sound like you consider him to be much of a friend. I suggest you distance yourself from him and forget about all of it.

Being a friend of his does not change my standards. The insults that I hurled a him are just a collection of other peoples' thoughts about him.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
There is not much you can do...you can talk to him once...

everyone has the right to be the way they like...even if they decide to copy-cat somebody...even as hideous as Criss Angel...

eventually he will realize the error of his ways..."there is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see"

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
There is not much you can do...you can talk to him once...

everyone has the right to be the way they like...even if they decide to copy-cat somebody...even as hideous as Criss Angel...

eventually he will realize the error of his ways..."there is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see"

I agree 100%. You should really just have a heart-to-heart conversation with him.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would just sit down and tell him, "Look man. People are making fun of you behind your back and I thought I should be the one to tell you. You are not Criss Angel and nor should you try to copy cat him. Just be yourself and do your magic. Let your own image come through."

1.) He will either get mad and continue to stay how he is.

or...hopefully...

2.) He gets a little embarrassed, takes the hint, and drops the Criss look.

This is just how I would handle it if I were in your shoes. Do what you like though.

heart to heart? are you serious? The guy is a wannabe, not some best friend who is considering suicide or something. Jeesh, it's just magic for crying out loud. Let him do his thing, and eventually, if he is in fact human, he will like the rest of us, realize angel blows.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
heart to heart? are you serious? The guy is a wannabe, not some best friend who is considering suicide or something. Jeesh, it's just magic for crying out loud. Let him do his thing, and eventually, if he is in fact human, he will like the rest of us, realize angel blows.

Heart-to-heart in my context meant to have a serious conversation with him, that's all. Sometimes its hard to call out a friend on things they are doing wrong, especially if they have strong feelings for what they are doing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results