Atun Sandwich by ME

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Far too much deadtime and a little bit of awkward handling towards the second half. First sleight was less than ideal as well - even if you can't see what's happening, you know that something is happening. A bit of fumbling during the execution of sleights in particular.

Basically, you've done a decent job - everything's there, but nothing's perfect yet. The idea is a popular one, and works effectively, but your technical execution lets it down a little.

Your next steps should be perfecting the sleights to the point of having no delay, awkwardness or fumbling, and then transforming this trick into magic.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The above poster summed everything up very nicely.

Idea is good (common one, but definitely a good one to perform). Sequence is good as well. Now just put in the time perfecting it. This is key, and I really encourage you to practice until perfect. A lot of magicians sell themselves out in this area of magic thinking something is at performance quality when it could be so much better.

Your video gives the impression that you know how to put in the time to fine-tune your sleights, so now get to it !! hehe.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
In addition, and I hope you don't mind the criticism/ advice.

The initial control of the selection is a finesse control, and because your overall handling of the deck is a little bit unpolished (fumbled), it seems really out of place. A simple double undercut would go unnoticed and actually flow a bit more nicely into your routine. I know you really want to use the new control because you put the time into learning it (trust me, I know this urge), you need to improve your overall naturalness with the cards in order for it to work.

In order to do so, this is what I have noticed:

Try and reduce the amount of flicking. You tend to flick your cards with your thumb in order to prove that it is a single card. In reality, the laymen would assume you are only holding a single card, thus doing so is completely unnecessary.

You also seem quite tense when you square up the cards. Whether it be the entire deck, or just a small packet of cards, your squaring up motion should be smooth and continuous in one nice natural movement.

Your cards are a bit old and tattered, which definitely makes the various sleights more difficult, so that is probably one small reason for the tense vibe I get from the video, but slow down a bit, and make your movements more subtle and smooth, and your initial control choice will be more valid/ natural.

Until then, I truly believe a simple double undercut is the way to go, and will actually improve the overall look of the performance.

Feb 16, 2010
What is the motivation for going into the 3 card monte? Do you have a well scripted presentation that you are just keeping to yourself by covering it up with music?

Seriously, what motivation in the trick is there for a 3cm sequence?

Mar 18, 2009
oh my god. enough with the zooming in and zooming out. it's annoying. just stick to one clean shot. no need to zoom in and out every three seconds. and the trick had a nice concept. but nothing new really. it was just not handled that well too. sorry to say.

Mar 11, 2010
What is the motivation for going into the 3 card monte? Do you have a well scripted presentation that you are just keeping to yourself by covering it up with music?

Seriously, what motivation in the trick is there for a 3cm sequence?

The motivation it's because "you lose" the card when the spectator mix the cards, and made another trick

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results