theory11 - THE PINKY COUNT with Jason England : Now Available

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Jason England gives detailed instruction on a highly useful utility sleight that enables you to get a break under any number of cards from the top of the deck - the Pinky Count.

Learn the history behind the move along with all of the nuances that make it one of the most versatile and practical sleights in card magic. Available now at theory11.

+ PINKY COUNT - Jason England : $6.95

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This looks fantastic and worthwhile; however. the 1-on-1 video preview is currently pulling a Godzilla on me.

Ian

Ian,

Appreciate the tip. This should now be fixed - give it a shot. You may have to clear your browser cache first for it to properly show and play.

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
ChristopherT,

It seems like we're headed that way.

There are certain other 1-on-1's that JB and I have discussed filming before we get to that point however.

Incidentally, this next bit isn't directed directly at you ChristopherT, but to anyone in general reading this thread.

I realize that the gamblers' cop and pinky count 1-on-1s don't have quite the same scope as some of the other moves that I've done in the past (like the false deals, false shuffles or classic pass to name but a few). However, don't let their apparent simplicity fool you. These are powerful utility moves that I've used for close to two decades now. Especially the pinky count. I use it every single time I perform, without exception.

But keep in mind, even though these moves may appear "simple", what you see on these 1-on-1s is typically the tip of the iceberg with regard to technique, and genuine mastery of the moves will still take years.

I still have a few "big" moves left in me, like the tabled faro, riffle stacking, and a few others, but I wanted to provide something with a tad more general utility than say, the Greek deal for a little while.

We'll get back to the tough moves soon enough.

Jason

Dec 22, 2009
Hong Kong
i know there are going to have people who say WTF a pinkie count for like 7 buck, but i am going to tell you guys that this move is worth more than $100 bucks, its a sleight that you are going lead your path of card magic.(play some epic music and read it once more)
BUY IT!!
oliver

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i swear T11 is psychic. Everytime i start focusing on a sleight or wanna learn something specific, the sevant known as JB enlists a magic man to make a personalized video to teach me how...

JB im sending you brain waves... TEACH ME HOW TO SEDUCE SCARLETT JOHANSON

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
i swear T11 is psychic. Everytime i start focusing on a sleight or wanna learn something specific, the sevant known as JB enlists a magic man to make a personalized video to teach me how...

I think that would be a different kind of 1-on-1.

The Pinky Count still looks great, T11. Picking up soon.

Ian

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Thanks for sharing your knowledge Jason.

Jason Englands 1 on 1s is one of the few things in magic that i think are actually worth spending money on and is worth 100 times the cost of what you are paying. Theory 11 is doing a fantastic job.

99% of the people who are selling magic are just doing it for a quick buck, but what we are getting here is material that the man has spent 20 years of hard work and study on and that is really invaluable. We really should appreciate what theory11 are doing more than we do.

Sep 20, 2009

i've met her a couple times if that counts :)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i've met her a couple times if that counts :)

Chatroulette doesn't count.

jk but damn, in Iron Man 2 she looked fantastic.

anyways i just have to say Jason's 1-on-1's are impeccable, as much as people complain about them, and how "i cant believe people are paying 7 or 9 bucks for one sleight" i gotta say its worth it. Everything ive learned off of 1-on-1 with like two exceptions i use on a daily basis, and because i have a video, i use it correctly and know what it should look like. Jason has single handedly advanced my magic and it is pretty dang awesome.

May 29, 2010
NewBe

Hi,

I started off with card magic 2 months ago. I practise daily and want to become a better magician. I would love to learn the pinkie count but dont know if this is too advanced for my current cardistry level.

Any tips?

I recently bought Trilogy by DanandDave
Double Lift 1on1 by Jason England
Death to the Double Undercut by Joe pachahslslaalala (you know that guy)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results