Stage Magic - DVDs?

May 27, 2010
Hey guys, this is my first post here @ Theory11. Site's awesome man. Btw, I am interested in stage magic. Are there any DVDs out there that actually teach stage magic? All I can find are DVDs that have street/close-up magic material, but none of those I've found carry materials for stage magic? Anybody has any idea and recommendations? :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sure, what type of material are you looking for mate? What do you currently perform, what sort of theme do you want to base an act around, etc.? There are lots of things that can fit the stage, it just depends how you want to go about it - from grand illusions, to close up card tricks substituting jumbo cards, rope magic, mentalism, lots of things can work!

Welcome to T11 :)

Nov 8, 2007
All depends on what kind of stage act you're looking for. I could fit my entire stage act into a ziploc freezer bag if I had to. What kind of material are you interested in?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There are some good ones on penguin. It really depends on what you want to do and then we could give you a better guidence as to recomendation.

I am with Matt I can fit my stage act into practically nothing. It fits in a shopping bag but I could do a hour long show with nothing if need be.

May 27, 2010
Oh icic! Haha, I am interested in maybe silk appearances/disappearances, roses, ropes? All of the more visual stuff :D

May 27, 2010
Hmmm, does anybody have any other recommendations for silk vanishes/appearances things like that apart from material from Andrew Mayne? :D
Thx yea!

Dec 14, 2007
Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic (4 volumes). Vito Lupo and Roy Benson both have excellent silk productions. Levent has excellent work on McComb's Half Dyed Hank. And both Laufling and P and A will have all the supplies you need.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results