The Gecko vs. M5

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys,

So i haven't bought any magic in a while. And my next but was going to be The Gecko. Now, i have read some reviews... some good and some not so good. I was just wondering what you guys think. im also getting gecko flash, nest of the gecko, and gecko extreme.

Now, i know i said gecko vs m5. And thats the real question. I know that they are totally different, but they both seem like really sweet products. so if you guys could give me some pros and cons of both that would be awesome.

thanks,

blake.

I would go for the M5, before getting the gecko. Buy it from ellusionist with the training dvd. It is very practicle. I have both of those devices, I love them but if you have to get one of them. I will go for the M5.

ok, thanks for the quick response. But could you give me some pros and cons about both?

thanks.

M5:
Pros- Easy hook up, many effect can be done with it, great for close-up and strolling magic.

Cons- attract to other small metal around you (folks, spoons, and knife), a bit of weight of you arm when you ware it. Will wipe out your computer if you let it too close to the computer. You will have to shim every object that you wish to use it with the M5.

Gecko:
Pros- Will make anything vanish as long as your hand can cover it.

Cons- The adhesive wear out very fast (if you perform this effect often, you will have to change the adhesive repeatedly). Uncomfortable when ware it. Only work with noise environment (but with a lot of work, you can pull it off in quiet environment). it cost you money when you practice with it cuz of the adhesive. It hurt you when you first use it. The effect that can accomplished by the Gecko is Vanish and Switch.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
M5:
Pros- Easy hook up, many effect can be done with it, great for close-up and strolling magic.

Cons- attract to other small metal around you (folks, spoons, and knife), a bit of weight of you arm when you ware it. Will wipe out your computer if you let it too close to the computer. You will have to shim every object that you wish to use it with the M5.

Gecko:
Pros- Will make anything vanish as long as your hand can cover it.

Cons- The adhesive wear out very fast (if you perform this effect often, you will have to change the adhesive repeatedly). Uncomfortable when ware it. Only work with noise environment (but with a lot of work, you can pull it off in quiet environment). it cost you money when you practice with it cuz of the adhesive. It hurt you when you first use it. The effect that can accomplished by the Gecko is Vanish and Switch.

ok, thanks man. i will probably get the M5 and then just get the gecko later.

thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Don't get either you'll be wasting your money. Go with the raven you get the Best of both worlds. Or the universal pull. There cheaper and I guarantee you'll use them more.

Oct 14, 2009
Don't get either you'll be wasting your money. Go with the raven you get the Best of both worlds. Or the universal pull. There cheaper and I guarantee you'll use them more.

i completely agree. i have both the raven and the gecko and the raven is so much easier to use in a real world environment. the raven is a much cleaner vanish and much easier to use in person. the gecko is very angle sensitive and harder to use than the raven, including finding an environment in which to perform it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results