Impromptu No Prop Stage Illusions

Just wanted 2 create a creative brainstorming session. Ive been trying 2 think of impromptu no prop stage illusions, or illusions that can be done on the fly totally un-prepared in any way using ONLY what's available in an auditorium or theater- curtain, back drop, legs, (those long narrow curtains on both sides of the stage), & possibly things that ud probably find backstage in a high school auditorium, such as loose chairs, tables, large trash bags/bins, ladders, podiums, etc. But the rule is u cant bring anything of ur own- no sheets, lights, cardboard boxes, nothing, cause than it wouldnt be impromptu. But u can use stooges or secret assistants that u can train in just minutes. So an example would be if u wanted 2 vanish, & u have no sheets/panels/boxes, u could bring up 10-20 people on stage & form either a straight or circular human barrier around u, or vanishing a single person who is smaller & shorter than u by YOU being there cover by having them stand behind u, or vanishing a group of people standing on a table by using the curtain itself 2 close in front of them 4 a split second & opening again, & using methods utilizing lighting & misdirection. So what ideas can u come up with??? No idea is too obsurd!!!

I'll make you a deal. I'll contribute intellectually to this brain storming thread when you can demonstrate to me you can type in an intellectual manor. Correct your grammar errors, and use proper words like You, You'd, Too, To, Two, Four, For, etc, and then we'll talk.

Quit being lazy. This isn't AOL. You're English teacher should be ashamed of you.

I'll make you a deal. I'll contribute intellectually to this brain storming thread when you can demonstrate to me you can type in an intellectual manor. Correct your grammar errors, and use proper words like You, You'd, Too, To, Two, Four, For, etc, and then we'll talk.

Quit being lazy. This isn't AOL. You're English teacher should be ashamed of you.
omg, c'mon guys...lets stop being nit picky....

to the orginal poster: dude stage is stage, which means a bigger audience and a bigger platform, which also means this isn't close up so you need things that will be visual from a far.

there are stuff you can do but to some extent, you are gonna need some props, i would advice mentalism and hypnosis.....

if u ever seen some of Draven's stage work, he uses little to no props...but it determines what you mean when u say no props cuz you are gonna need something.......

check out Max Maven's "Nothing" as well as:

-The Manchurian Approach..... (Anthony Jacquin) : this could change your life

-Pk Touches (Banachek): perfect stage illusion

thats just what i use.....but there's tons of stuff that uses virtually nothing

but what you are asking is kinda pushing it...its best to learn and much as impromptu magic with different items and then hoping someone in ur audience have that item....

Nov 8, 2007
Your use of grammar and spelling is too easy to dismiss as someone not serious at all about the topic he has proposed.

Write as if you are addressing an intelligent audience and perhaps you will have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Ced, but I think it's an oxymoron to post a thread calling for "intellectual debate" when ur using grammar 2 talk like dis 4 tha entire time u are making ur post.

I'm better than that, and my time is better waisted watching paint dry than contributing to that kind of train wreck.

I'm hoping a little tough love will inspire him to be a little more thoughtful on his articulation in future posts.

Oh, Im sorry, I didnt realize I was posting in an english grammer forum, not a magic forum. Well guess what, none of u *******s wont ever have 2 worry about me posting on this site again if im gonna get *****ed at because my computer grammer isnt perfect. U obviously understood it, & that should be all that matters. I just wanted 2 inspire some creativity here, which is what i thaught this forum was about, expanding the art of magic, not "inappropriate grammer" . Its totallly uncalled 4 2 bash on somebody that has never done the same 2 u. Treat others the way u want 2 be treated. If the post wasnt "intellectual" enuff 4 u, than dont post a response. Im pretty sure u wouldnt be complaining if u read similar text that taught u a trick that u actually liked & would perform regularly. Or maybe u guys just arent creative enuff 2 come up with ideas & decided 2 criticize my writting style instead. SonowI just getthe impression that there r more haters here just ready 2 criticize someone 4 anything 2 make them feel better aboutthemselves while they go on thinking they r the best thing since sliced bread.

Sorry Ced, but I think it's an oxymoron to post a thread calling for "intellectual debate" when ur using grammar 2 talk like dis 4 tha entire time u are making ur post.

I'm better than that, and my time is better waisted watching paint dry than contributing to that kind of train wreck.

I'm hoping a little tough love will inspire him to be a little more thoughtful on his articulation in future posts.
haha...i understand....i just felt jolly today....ur a total comedian u know that???

Oh, Im sorry, I didnt realize I was posting in an english grammer forum, not a magic forum. Well guess what, none of u *******s wont ever have 2 worry about me posting on this site again if im gonna get *****ed at because my computer grammer isnt perfect. U obviously understood it, & that should be all that matters. I just wanted 2 inspire some creativity here, which is what i thaught this forum was about, expanding the art of magic, not "inappropriate grammer" . Its totallly uncalled 4 2 bash on somebody that has never done the same 2 u. Treat others the way u want 2 be treated. If the post wasnt "intellectual" enuff 4 u, than dont post a response. Im pretty sure u wouldnt be complaining if u read similar text that taught u a trick that u actually liked & would perform regularly. Or maybe u guys just arent creative enuff 2 come up with ideas & decided 2 criticize my writting style instead. SonowI just getthe impression that there r more haters here just ready 2 criticize someone 4 anything 2 make them feel better aboutthemselves while they go on thinking they r the best thing since sliced bread.
dude, shut up and read my post...stop being a drama queen/king, whichever you choose....

i gave you an answer when everyone else didn't....take time to read.

you know when you say things bad to people, only to later find out how big an ass you acted, thats probably you right now....

and good luck on your magic.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois

its wasted.

and there are better ways to try to fix this problem than bashing him. (or others) i agree there needs to be a change.

However, as far as i can tell this is the first time he's been informed of the rules, and the first time he realized his grammar made reading tiresome.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
You know, isn't it actually easier and faster to type in correct grammar on a keyboard? It is fine when you are texting because you have the minuscule keyboard and such but I actually find it easier to type letters instead of numbers. Maybe that is just me?

-G

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Ah hahhahahahahahahahaha. Oh well then, I always wondered what Nikes tasted like with a dash of ketchup. Serves me right I suppose. Well played sir.

see good humor upon being corrected!! i love it! the whole world needs a little! if you really want to know, its biblical too! and if you dont, its still a good life lesson!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results