I Thought This Was a Magic Forum

May 31, 2008
*Doesn't
You need an apostrophe too. Also, you should always capitalise the word 'I' - you don't want to make yourself seem less important than you are!

I can keep adding apostrophes all day, if I need to ;)

U dont hav 2 keep doing tht. Your just anoying and stuf. Stop it nobod cars.

Mar 29, 2008
I agree. Communication the traditional way is becoming as lost an art as Thimble magic.
Think of it this way. Few people read these days, especially long threads. Why would you want to make it harder on the audience to read your thoughts? Do you not finding challenging enough to get your point across in this medium to begin with. Why should I stop reading to look up a language that only exists in the virtual world?

I am sure you won’t argue that when your crowd laughs they verbally say, “lmao”...and when we do hear that, it is usually Cheerleaders. So, you are essentially communicating at the dumb blonde level. Congrats.

Moreover, you are representing yourself with your words. Imagine your words are “employed” by you as “staff” of your magic business. You have the equivalent of a “Rapper” acting as your Public Relations manager...really awesome if you were yourself an uneducated guy...which is what your “PR guy” has us believe...because only morons employ morons. A smart man can play dumb, but a dumb man can’t play smart...so the question is:

Do you write like this by choice – if so why?

AND/OR

Perhaps this is all you have? This is how you write...so, perhaps magic isn’t a priority.

In the end, the choice is yours - but I don’t often take my time reading thoughts, when you don’t take the time to convey them properly.

Oh, you have been pwned...haha, which also makes no sense.

Warm Regards,
Morgan

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I agree. Communication the traditional way is becoming as lost an art as Thimble magic.
Think of it this way. Few people read these days, especially long threads. Why would you want to make it harder on the audience to read your thoughts? Do you not finding challenging enough to get your point across in this medium to begin with. Why should I stop reading to look up a language that only exists in the virtual world?

I am sure you won’t argue that when your crowd laughs they verbally say, “lmao”...and when we do hear that, it is usually Cheerleaders. So, you are essentially communicating at the dumb blonde level. Congrats.

Moreover, you are representing yourself with your words. Imagine your words are “employed” by you as “staff” of your magic business. You have the equivalent of a “Rapper” acting as your Public Relations manager...really awesome if you were yourself an uneducated guy...which is what your “PR guy” has us believe...because only morons employ morons. A smart man can play dumb, but a dumb man can’t play smart...so the question is:

AND/OR

Perhaps this is all you have? This is how you write...so, perhaps magic isn’t a priority.

In the end, the choice is yours - but I don’t often take my time reading thoughts, when you don’t take the time to convey them properly.

Warm Regards,
Morgan

my head hurts.

AND/OR

Warm Regards,
Morgan

Very wise post!

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK

AND/OR

Warm Regards,
Morgan
Absolutely. I believe that, given that all we have to go on is your words, due to it being an internet forum, people are going to take you a lot less seriously if you don't type properly. You might be making a perfectly sensible post with only good intentions, but given that what you write and how you write it are what people are going to be judging you on, you should think carefully about how you want to be judged.

U dont hav 2 keep doing tht. Your just anoying and stuf. Stop it nobod cars.

Argh! My colon hurts!

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
To the OP:

You may have had some very valid points in your thread that you started. Hell, it could have been an essay or some sort of lecture notes. But the most important thing to ask yourself is this:

If you were to print out a set of lecture notes written with all of your slang terms, do you honestly feel as if you would be able to sell them to anyone? If you want to post something to be silly or just to have fun, then by all means go for it!

However, if you are trying to get a serious point across and have something valid to say, then do it with professionalism. There is a time and place for everything...

Mike

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
To the OP:

You may have had some very valid points in your thread that you started. Hell, it could have been an essay or some sort of lecture notes. But the most important thing to ask yourself is this:

If you were to print out a set of lecture notes written with all of your slang terms, do you honestly feel as if you would be able to sell them to anyone? If you want to post something to be silly or just to have fun, then by all means go for it!

However, if you are trying to get a serious point across and have something valid to say, then do it with professionalism. There is a time and place for everything...

Mike

I'll second that notion. Mike, we are in firm agreement!

Jul 13, 2009
I agree. Communication the traditional way is becoming as lost an art as Thimble magic...Few people read these days.

Warm Regards,
Morgan

I agree with everything you posted Morgan however I wanted to address these few lines which stimulated a thought in my mind. In other words: "Yay! You stimulate my slowly dying brain."

Communication used to be the only way history and values where past down through people. Story telling and shadowing your elders used to be the only way to get valuable information past down from generation to generation. The new generation of magician no longer have the need, well feel the need, to follow an established magicians and learn from them. Everything can be found on the internet. Because of this, long stories and going to school/training with someone, has fallen out of favor for the younger crowd. Magic is suffering or evolving because of this. No longer does a magician want to tell a fantastic tale/lie, that actually has meaning but instead wants to just bang bang magic happened aren't I great? better then Criss Angel I bet!

To be honest I feel magic is evolving into something that has no meaning to non magicians. We as a community stroke each other's....egos!...Because they do such and such so well. If a magician this generation where to stay in his room and create an act, one that is shown to magicians and is praised. Then goes to perform for pure laymen, laymen who aren't on every L and L publishing dvd. Will probably have the audience uuuing and awing. Then directly after that a dude with 17 years of improv under his belt walks in and does the cards across effect, I can almost with one hundred percent confidence say that the magic act before this guy is going to be forgotten.

Any way enough stream of thought,

Silver

I just simply do what I gaurantee everyone here who has a phone & texts does, I shorten some words.

I'm going to have to agree with Mike and the others. This isn't twitter, and nor is this a communications between cell phones. Also, your assumption is wrong, because I for one don't shorten my words.

Shortening words like You to U, Are to R, Too, Two, To 2, etc was a necessity back when cell phone companies charged you per letter, including spaces. Thankfully technology has advanced beyond that point now. It's a shame that the culture hasn't caught up with it.

I think I've pointed this out before, but I'll say it again. Your welcome to hang out on our play ground, but if you want to be taken seriously you need to step up your communication skills.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results