Have you ever lost your ability to legitamtely shuffle?

Oct 18, 2007
I'm just wondering, has something like this ever happened to any of you?

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to play a nice game of golf (solitaire game), so I looked around to see if I had a deck at hand. I had an unopened pack of Bees, so I cracked it open and started to shuffle it. Because it was a brand new deck, I shuffled it about 10 or 15 times, and then I dealt my golf tableau.

So far so good, but after the first couple of rows, I realized I was looking at a completely sorted deck! It was then that I realized what I had done. 4 false dovetail shuffles, 4 false overhand shuffles, 2 false riffle shuffles, and dozens of false cuts. I left the order of the deck undisturbed without even thinking about it.

Earlier today I caught myself false cutting when I was playing rummy with my wife. It seems after 16 years of card magic, I have to actually think about doing real shuffles! I can't help but wonder how many card games I've accidentally done this at. Anyone else have that problem?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No. I shuffle the deck for realsies all the time. It's something I do to relax, along with dealing seconds.

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I did this one time when I was hosting a poker game at my house and then I realized what I did lol I only did it that one time though :)

Sometimes when playing cards i find myself doing jog shuffles by mistake, or running the same card to the bottom and then back to the top over and over again. I spent so long practicing them it's become my normal rhythm!

Rev

Apr 24, 2010
I do that with just one certain false cut. I used to practice it obsessively and now its just subconscious.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I havent done this yet but I have been guilty of doing some fancy shuffles and not noticing it.

I acutally think thats a good thing in my opinion. It shows that it has become second nature to you.

But others could dissagree.

Mike

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I realised the other day that I can shuffle more legitimately one handed than two handed. I've never accidentally completely false shuffled before though...

May 10, 2010
I'll try to top it off. I have false shuffled on accident before, and I've even accidentally dealt second and bottom deals before too. I remember falsely shuffling, ultimately leaving the top card and bottom card in place, and instantly dealt the same two aces (one on top and one on bottom) to myself in about 3 consecutive rounds of a casual poker game with my friends! I remember how shocked I was, alongside all my pals. Fun though! :D

Jun 30, 2010
I'm just wondering, has something like this ever happened to any of you?

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to play a nice game of golf (solitaire game), so I looked around to see if I had a deck at hand. I had an unopened pack of Bees, so I cracked it open and started to shuffle it. Because it was a brand new deck, I shuffled it about 10 or 15 times, and then I dealt my golf tableau.

So far so good, but after the first couple of rows, I realized I was looking at a completely sorted deck! It was then that I realized what I had done. 4 false dovetail shuffles, 4 false overhand shuffles, 2 false riffle shuffles, and dozens of false cuts. I left the order of the deck undisturbed without even thinking about it.

Earlier today I caught myself false cutting when I was playing rummy with my wife. It seems after 16 years of card magic, I have to actually think about doing real shuffles! I can't help but wonder how many card games I've accidentally done this at. Anyone else have that problem?

TELL ME ABOUT IT MAN....

these false shuffles really mess me up, when i just wana be normal and play cards with friends/family....

we were playing Callbreak just the other day... and i did my false shuffles and false cuts.... it just comes naturally without thinking...

and i try soo hard to keep myself away from cheating... but man, while playing Flush.. ( dunno what ya'll call this game in the western world )... i tenkai three cards and swap em' for what are dealt to me...

nowdays my friends dont let me deal cards.... :(

Sep 3, 2007
Strangely, it seems like you're cheating on accident. I'm not sure what kind of moral implications that raises!

Feb 4, 2008
LOL!!!! that's HILARIOUS!!

Would have been interesting if it was a game of draw poker. Do faros and deal everyone a straight flush

Jul 7, 2010
Haha. It's fun to hear how you guys have false shuffle the deck and don't actually has think of it. But is kind of awesome, in a wired way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results