Whirlwind by Kevin Parker

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
The Effect:
Tell the spectator to think of a card, any card at all and think of that card in their mind. tell them you have a card in your pocket and you want them to think which card it is. Without any mention of what that card actually is you tell the spectator "No, thats not the card in my pocket. Change it".
The spectator never told you what they were thinking but you had read there mind. Tell them to think of another card without saying it out loud. "nope, next card". "no" then finally you say "wait, that card, that card in your mind this very second, what is it??" The spectator will tell you the card and you slowly reach into your pocket and pull out that same exact card that spectator just said.

Teachings:
This effect can be downloaded as a pdf and is taught very well in as little as 7 pages.

Technique:
Whats great about this effect is you do not need any type of mentalism skills at all. If you would like to start out in mentalism, this is such a wonderful effect to open your patter with. This effect really hits hard with spectators because you are actually reading there mind then stopping them on that card they are thinking of and pulling that card from your pocket.
When I read this pdf through a few times I was amazed of the actual effect. Can I really pull this off?? can I really convince my spectator I can read there minds?? Well after reading the technique...absolutely. Once I read how the effect is done it blew my mind. I wouldn't even think of something like that.

Difficulty:
The effect does not require that much in order to actually perform. So if you are a beginner or even a professional, this effect is truly a must have.

Preparation:
The effect can be ready to go with under a few minutes. There are no gimmicks so this is also a plus.
it took me a few times to read how its down to fully understand the trick, but once I understood the technique it just clicked.

Overall:
I found this effect to be truly amazing. Whats great is once you get comfortable with this effect and how its done, go right ahead and perform it to 2 spectators at once. Say you have 2 cards, one in each pocket.....then just go from there. This really is a must have effect for either an opener or a closer to leave them speechless.

You can purchase this effect through Kevin Parker Productions
http://kevinparkerproductions.com/whirlwind.html
if you have any questions you can always PM the artist himself. He's on the forums a lot: Kpmagic

-Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
It sounds cool but a lot like the effect in Martin Gardner's Mathematics Magic and Mystery book that accomplishes the same thing pretty much

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results