YouTube Scammer

Apr 19, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Hey guys, a couple of months ago i came first place in 'MagicBurnIllisions' contest and it turns out this person doesnt give his prizes away... I was promised 4 Tally Ho's and a couple of Bicycle decks and he never sent me them, it was then when i started reasearching this guy and it turns out he had an older youtube account where he was constantly scamming people and that got shut down so he then made 'MagicBurnIllusions' which looks like a good channel with all his subscribers and things but he still scams. I posted that i havent received my prizes on his channel and he blocked me, so now i cant even get in touch with him and warn people that this guy is a scammer that needs to be stopped, i wouldnt like anybody else to win prizes and not get them because its just harsh..so thats why im warning you..

Thanks for your time.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, a couple of months ago i came first place in 'MagicBurnIllisions' contest and it turns out this person doesnt give his prizes away... I was promised 4 Tally Ho's and a couple of Bicycle decks and he never sent me them, it was then when i started reasearching this guy and it turns out he had an older youtube account where he was constantly scamming people and that got shut down so he then made 'MagicBurnIllusions' which looks like a good channel with all his subscribers and things but he still scams. I posted that i havent received my prizes on his channel and he blocked me, so now i cant even get in touch with him and warn people that this guy is a scammer that needs to be stopped, i wouldnt like anybody else to win prizes and not get them because its just harsh..so thats why im warning you..

Thanks for your time.

Your problem starts in your post my friend.

1. He's a kid.

2. He's International, from Italy (which means his parents wont let him ship his stuff they bought for him)

3. He's a wannabe magician thinking he's the $h*% and that he's really good.

4. It's YouTube. Don't ever enter YouTube contests because there is a chance you will get scammed. Especially if he wants your street address, then it's risky and creepy.

5. This kid isn't going anywhere in magic, so why are you worried about it. And they are just decks. You could spend money on better things.

6. His Pandora Cut video is a rip off of Samurai Kut and it took 1 minute of a long ass boring intro to get to a 5 second trick.

So, in a nutshell, don't trust anyone on YouTube, or kids for that matter. Most of the stuff they promise never comes true. Don't get your hopes up. MagicBurnIllusions only has that many subscribers (which don't matter anyway) because of MisMag822, which is a middle aged man making money revealing magic tricks. So do you think MagicBurnIllusions is even that good anyway? I think not.

Cheers,

Casey

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Unfortunately, this is the risk one takes in entering an amateur contest that isn't authorized by any official business or reputable organizer. Sadly, it happens often.

That said, as this really isn't a topic that relates to magic discussion, I went ahead and moved the thread to the Product Reviews forum. Feel free to continue any discussion there.

Apr 19, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Thanks for moving the thread Jon.
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you guys have said, its these dregs of society that are destroying magic by revealing effects that magicians have worked hard to create and then eventually sell to make a living! Many artists (Many from this site!) tricks are being revealed all over the internet and it needs to stop, its awful. Anyway back on topic, i entered this contest because i seen it and thought, meh, i might aswell try so i put up an old vid that was saved onto my computer and lo and behold i won, so i expected to receive my prize and i was astonished when i realised it was a scam. Im never one for magic on youtube (Unless its interesting and from the heart magic) and after my first trip into the world of Youtube contests i can see im never going back, its a bloody deathtrap.

CRProductions, you summed everything up there and i agree with what you said..hes just a kid, hes international and truth be told he thinks hes great but hes quite awful....and he seems to have a slight obsession with Avatar...quite a scary obsession actually.

Thanks

Apr 19, 2010
Cumbria, UK
I agree! You beat everyone else out haha. At least you didn't get scammed out of money. That happened to a buddy of mine when the Jerry's Nugget craze started.

yeah :D, i was thinking that..atleast money wasnt at stake. Also, that story with your mate sounds bad!, id hate to be scammed like that.

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
yeah :D, i was thinking that..atleast money wasnt at stake. Also, that story with your mate sounds bad!, id hate to be scammed like that.
Exactly. Just don't trust someone on youtube-ever haha unless he/she is your friend that you hang with or whatever. Yea it was pretty bad but that's the risks you take on the internet. You're trusting someone you don't really know.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
C'mon ... contest ??? On youtube ???
Don't take those seriously ... sometimes they ask for a tutorial too, if you win ... you get ... a DECK OF BIKES, yaaaaaaaay.

Contests on Youtube are just not worth it, they don't appreciate a good effect. I recently came across a contest about the best DL if i remember correctly .... that's ridiculous ...

May 23, 2010
Singapore
Actually , on the topic of revealing magic on youtube , I actually learnt Indecent on youtube and the guy explained it in great detail and I was able to perform it minutes after watching it.Glad it hasn't been taken down.Waste of money for a trick that easy honestly.I don't care if you guys say 'If you don't buy it don't perform it' or anything that has a similar meaning because I'd rather have the artists keep their tricks a secret and thus preventing them from being 'revealed' and make a living out of working at MacDonalds.They release their tricks purely for money-making purposes and they don't really care if people perform it right or not because they already have the money.

Take care,

Bill, honestly man I think I just died a little inside.

I get what your saying from a consumers point of view, but in reality you're openly encouraging the support of internet exposure of other magicians products. That's just not cool man.

Now I certainly don't want this thread to downward spiral into another ethical exposure/youtube debate, but I just lost some respect for you, and wanted you to know that.

It's obvious you have a very narrow minded view on the professional working world. I hope that you eventually mature out of it as time progresses.

May 23, 2010
Singapore
Your reply did not contribute nor did you elaborate what you said therefore the usefullness of your reply is zero.I did not say in my post in any way that I supported internet exposure of other magicians products.My point was the magicians should keep their creations a secret.If money could not be made by selling those tricks , then obviously the magician would not release it , would he ? Conclusion : They want money. (Hopefully I am proven wrong)

Take care,

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
Your reply did not contribute nor did you elaborate what you said therefore the usefullness of your reply is zero.I did not say in my post in any way that I supported internet exposure of other magicians products.My point was the magicians should keep their creations a secret.If money could not be made by selling those tricks , then obviously the magician would not release it , would he ? Conclusion : They want money. (Hopefully I am proven wrong)

Take care,

No the magician probably wouldnt release it if profit could not be made..that being said, who said profit was a bad thing? A companies goal, in addition to providing a worthwhile product or service, is to profit from it - and thats not a bad thing, its entrepreneurship. Its the same as asking if you'd go to your job if you knew you wouldnt profit; i know I wouldnt.

And im sure a lot of professional magicians agree with you that their creations should be kept secret and therefor do not release their material - and thats fine. I just thank God i live in a country that gives us the option to profit from our creations - because there are many countries that do not.
-Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:

Take care,

Don't try to tell me that I don't "contribute" here kid. Tempt too not the hatred of my spirit kid, for I am sick when I look upon your claims. I've paid my dues in magic. I've paid them in blood. Don't you dare try to tempt me into a contest of credits.

You said, and I quote:
I actually learnt Indecent on youtube and the guy explained it in great detail and I was able to perform it minutes after watching it.Glad it hasn't been taken down.

You said it yourself that you're glad you learned the effect from a pirated video. So thus you support internet exposure. In the same notion by making that statement you are encouraging others who just want a free ride to do the same thing you did, thus encouraging not only piracy but exposure as well. Lead by your own example none the less!

Now try to tell me another lie.

Of course magicians want money, it's not called a profession for no reason at all. Some make money off booking shows, sure, but the bread and butter is in selling products, books, and lecture notes. Anyone with more than a minute's exposure to the industry should realize that.

I seriously hope you drop the attitude with me, I don't think you really want to scrap with me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results