Playing Card Designs (Face)

Hi Guys, About a week ago I posted some images and made a poll to see what back designs you liked the most of new card designs me and my friend are working on. I want to say to the people who gave their honest feedback; thank you very much, suggestions really helped there.

Having said that, As some of you may know that my friend and I are designing our own playing cards. I just wanted to post some images of the faces. No need for a poll this time, but yet again suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

face_preview01.jpg

face_preview02.jpg

face_preview03.jpg

Thanks.

<-- RED PIPS ARE HERE! -->

Ace D -->http://www.magicofja.com/designs/A_Diamonds-Colour.jpg
Ace H -->http://www.magicofja.com/designs/A_Hearts-Colour.jpg

What do you guys think?

-Justin

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
That looks great Justin. I personally like white borders as black borders overtime start to fray and turn white (speaking with Black Tiger experiences). Also the 'double image' of the spades on the cards, while they're a neat idea, it hurts my eyes kind of. All in all great idea tho! I wouldn't mind picking up a few decks!

-Deryn

Hi Guys, About a week ago I posted some images and made a poll to see what back designs you liked the most of new card designs me and my friend are working on. I want to say to the people who gave their honest feedback; thank you very much, suggestions really helped there.

Having said that, As some of you may know that my friend and I are designing our own playing cards. I just wanted to post some images of the faces. No need for a poll this time, but yet again suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

face_preview01.jpg

face_preview02.jpg

face_preview03.jpg

Thanks.

-Justin
They are f'n awesome dude?

sell me a brick!!!

Im glad you like them, When they are in "deck" form I'll definitely be posting again. Oh yeh please don't bother to quote me seeing it will take the pictures too, and I'm not too sure people would want to scroll past another set of images to see the next post :p

-Justin

Sep 1, 2007
austria
i liked your back designs alot, and i basically the same goes for your faces, but i would like to see how the kings, queens and jacks look.
anyway, if they were my cards i'd change some things:
i'd change the double image of the pips, i'm thinking of making some kind of shadow instead. also, i'm not sure about the indexes which change from white on the black border to black on the white center, but that maybe looks better in real life.
that's just what i think, but i'd definetely get a couple of decks because it's always nice to have some special decks of cards, keep up the good work!

Sep 9, 2007
Nice job, but where did you get vector illustrations of the cards? I've been looking for them without luck. I have a ton of great ideas, maybe we can collaborate?

C

clarrus

Hey let me know when they are out. I would like to buy a brick piece to with all 54 cards in one sheet or maybe 5 sheets, 1 for each suits and 1 sheet of the two jokers.......well maybe you can do something for the joker sheets.

BTW someone is probably gonna point it out so 54 cards. 52 playing cards and the 2 jokers is 54.

Sep 2, 2007
I'd like some photo's of the backs please...but anyways. The shadow image of the spades should be lighter in my opnion. otherwise it can be confused for hearts (Al la Ghost deck)

Aug 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
hey those are really tight man. how did you get them printed and all fancy and stuff? did you print them yourself? or did you go somewhere to have it done? if so, how much was it? also, how did you make the images themselves and have them perfectly symmetrical and such?

sorry for all the questions hehe :p but really those are some awesome cards dude.

and to that guy asking about the sheets, im pretty sure 1 sheet is 1 deck. i dont think they come in like 5 different sheets :p

id buy some!-GearS.:D

Ok AceOfGears I'm glad you like them here are your answers.

How did you get them printed and all fancy and stuff?

A: I have very good quality paper and a pretty high-end printer, Not to mention that I'm studying Graphics Design which helps greatly.

Did you print them yourself?

A: Yes.

How did you make the images themselves and have them perfectly symmetrical and such?

A: The cards were designed in Photoshop to get them all symmetrical we used a little thing called 'Guides' which all you photoshop users should know what I mean. Its just a tool in photoshop that helps you align things to the canvas.

---

Hope that helps. And yeh my friend "The Gecko" (thats his name on here) is the one who did the technical work for these faces and we bounced back and forth ideas. We are a good team :)

-Justin

Oct 15, 2007
Hey Guys, I am very happy you guys enjoyed them, we are thinking of changing the back designs (if you haven't seen them they are posted somewhere in the Genermagic forum) as some people we have shown them to say that they 'clash'. So we should be able to post up a pic of what the backs will be...

Oct 31, 2007
Looking sweet bro. I hope I can see the finished product soon man.
I really like the flipped shadows on the spades. It would make everyone have to look again at it.

Not really my cup of tea, then again I'm not really a fan of custom decks. A good attempt however, I would point out the reasons I don't like them but most of the time my reasons are a number of small things that just seem like nitpicking so I'll just keep quiet :)

I think they look cool. It might be nice to have a little bit more red on the red cards. Maybe fill in the center heart/diamond with a solid red color? But other than that, I think they look nice.

Oct 25, 2007
Your Cards Are Wicked Man. Nice Job On The Alignment And Design Itself. I However Agree With The Double Reversed Image. It Does Kind Of Hurt Your Eyes A Bit.

I Have A Few Ideas I've Put On Paper, Never Actually Thought Of Using Photoshop For My Designs. Thanks For The Tip

Keep Up The Execellent Job.

Sep 2, 2007
Your Cards Are Wicked Man. Nice Job On The Alignment And Design Itself. I However Agree With The Double Reversed Image. It Does Kind Of Hurt Your Eyes A Bit.

I Have A Few Ideas I've Put On Paper, Never Actually Thought Of Using Photoshop For My Designs. Thanks For The Tip

Keep Up The Execellent Job.

I do NOT like the red card. there should be a little more red, and the diamond? No...just...no...I REALLY don't like it...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results