Orbit Control

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
It's been a while since I wrote a review, so I'll post one of a move I'm really fond of as of late; a single utility move that allows you to cleanly place a card in the center and, with minimal action, control it to the top. This is a great move - the Orbit Control.

You can see the performance on Dan and Dave's site here: Orbit Control.

Chris is a good teacher, and he goes over the Orbit Control in depth. The illusion is this: Place a card in the middle. Now it's on top. This is the most natural control I know, because nothing is done to the deck, and it's a fairly easy control. It takes a little practice but the deception is smooth and amazing.

He also goes over the Ambitious Orbit, which is simply the control utilized as a color change. Then he teaches the Orbit Cop, which is a great way of getting a selected card into gamblers' cop.

I first saw this move on his YouTube and was blown away. This is a great control, and it's only $7.95 as an instant OnDemand. Great purchase, and a great control. Honestly, this is my favorite control, with natural movements and motivation.

Awesome. Highly recommended.

Ian

Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for the review, but I have a question. Which one do you think it is the best. Would you consider Orbit Control or Venus Trap?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I don't have the Venus Trap, but it looks like a good move. However, I'd prefer the Orbit Control. I think a double lift is good in most, if not all situations. But 1-for-1 switches are good. If you want a clean change/switch of one card, Venus Trap. If you want a very clean control with amazing looks and utility, go for the Orbit.

Ian

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Just wondering if you have perform this at all. Like did you actually use this in a performance? How did it go? I want to know how good is this control in the real world.

Great review but just that.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Just wondering if you have perform this at all. Like did you actually use this in a performance? How did it go? I want to know how good is this control in the real world.

Great review but just that.

I haven't yet but I will definitely update it for that. I just haven't had the chance to perform lately, unfortunately.

Ian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results