t11.bulletin - REVOLVER by Kelvin Chow : Now Available

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Kelvin Chow makes his theory11 debut with REVOLVER. In the motion of a guided spin, one playing card visually changes into another... then another, and another, and another - completely under your control.

The card never stops moving, and the motion is precise, smooth, and natural. Taught with detailed instruction by Andrei Jikh. Available now - exclusively at theory11.

+ WATCH - REVOLVER - Kelvin Chow
+ LEARN - REVOLVER - Kelvin Chow

BlakeVogt

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2008
Vegas
Kelvin Chow

Hey magic community, just thought I'd make a little plug for this amazing change. I am lucky enough to call Kelvin Chow a personal friend of mine and I have seen him do this change in person many times and even now that I know how its done, it fools the crap out of me EVERY time. In person, it looks like pure TV editing, but you know its not because it happens right in front of you! I am in the process of learning this move which is nacky but VERY learnable, and it is a color change that you will LOVE fooling yourself with in the mirror and laymen watching don't stand a chance since you change the card sooo many times. Please download this change because it will go right into your arsenal and you won't regret it!

In Magic,

Blake Vogt

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Now this is a cool 1on1! I love the way it looks...almost wish it wasnt released haha. But then i would never learn it. Deff gonna pick this up!

BTW why does Andrei teach it and not Kelvin Chow?

Sep 7, 2008
I saw Kelvin at a convention earlier this year and he was performing this change. It looks fantastic!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Now this is a cool 1on1! I love the way it looks...almost wish it wasnt released haha. But then i would never learn it. Deff gonna pick this up!

BTW why does Andrei teach it and not Kelvin Chow?

I. Love. This. Change. Andrei does the instruction for this as Kelvin is located in Indiana, and our studios are in NYC and Las Vegas. Nevertheless, Kelvin makes a special appearance in the video. I love this change.

Sep 5, 2007
Wow

I don't normally visit the theory11 forum, but I just saw the newly released "revolver change", and was curious to see what others say about this before I make my purchase. Honestly I have never heard of this guy, so I am a little bit skeptical about this. And is it just me, or does anyone thinks he looks like the guy who won 1st place in close-up in Magi fest this year? I think he did a similar color change in his act.
The demo itself looks amazing, and I mean amazing, the naturalness, fluid motion and the seamless change from one card to another. I have never seen such a clean color change for multiple cards. Even though I don't know how it works, I can already think of many ways to integrate this into my act.
Please, someone post a review!
Thanks,
Brian

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
So guys, I just threw my money in the risk pool like I did for the Riffle Pass, and boy I am glad I did again! This change is very difficult to get smooth and looking great like Kelvin and Andrei, but it just blows my mind every time when I see it in my point of view. It's also a fun little flourish to throw into your routines, and the spin is really fun and cool too. The change is just purely amazing, when I saw it the first time my head was literally on the floor and I was struggling to pick up the pieces. You guys have to get this change. Not only will it blow minds, but it will blow yours too, even if you know the secret. That's how beautiful this is.

(I also got it because I got back from The Karate Kid, and since the guy was Asian I was even more pumped for it!!! lol)

All in all it is a decent move to add to your repertoire, and for $6.95, you can't beat it. Fun, flashy, elegant, smooth, and downright deceptive. Add to CART!

-Casey

May 9, 2008
INITIAL IMPRESSIONS. I was really excited to see this change, so I purchased it, because it looks sooooo good.... ON CAMERA. Andrei said you'd use this in all your performances, but I really can't see performing this as I don't feel that the angles are practical at all. You need to be at just the right angle. Perhaps if you're performing for 1 person, or performing over a webcam this change would work. The actual revolving motion is something you could probably use in your flourishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I was really excited to see this change, so I purchased it, because it looks sooooo good.... ON CAMERA. Andrei said you'd use this in all your performances, but I really can't see performing this as I don't feel that the angles are practical at all. You need to be at just the right angel. Perhaps if you're performing for 1 person, or performing over a webcam this change would work. The actual revolving motion is something you could probably use in your flourishes.

See this is what i wanted to know. I know Andrei said this is great for your performance but I can just tell it needs to be at a angle to perform this. Well hopefully a review can cover this up.

Emran

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#n
Apr 12, 2010
Wow, very very sexy! i can already see alot of possibilities for this technique in alot of my routines. Great job!:eek:

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I was really excited to see this change, so I purchased it, because it looks sooooo good.... ON CAMERA. Andrei said you'd use this in all your performances, but I really can't see performing this as I don't feel that the angles are practical at all. You need to be at just the right angel. Perhaps if you're performing for 1 person, or performing over a webcam this change would work. The actual revolving motion is something you could probably use in your flourishes.

I can assure you that when first learning this move it may seem like the angles are not practical, but they are about as practical as a t______ palm (which is insanely angle friendly), I would love to tell you what I'm talking about but that borders on exposure.

This is an advanced move and may initially seem daunting as there is a lot of work that needs to be put into the actual technique making angles only seem impractical. I whole heartedly stand by what I said regarding putting this into one's repertoire. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. You can easily perform this for more than 1 person.

Give it a fair shot - learn, practice, and master it before you criticize how truly angle sensitive it is.

-Andrei Jikh

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hey y'all,

This move is very good, and Kelvin is also VERY good. When he first submitted this to us, I literally yelled "F%#k!" at the screen. Throughout this process he has been an outstanding help and I am very happy that it is now here and available for you all to use. Thank you Kelvin.

Regarding angles, they really aren't a problem. I can think of many color changes that have the exact same angle situations - and they are changes that we all love and use. Good luck with this; we hope you love it as much as we do.

DW

Sep 5, 2007
I finally purchased this, and I was not any bit disappointed by this change.
It was mind blowing just to see the inner workings of it.
As beautiful as the motion is, it was magical as well. IMO it's a perfect combination of both, I hope I am making sense here.
To give you a better idea of this color change, a comparison should do the job.
Obviously, this move requires a lot practice, I thought it was appropriate for theory 11 to adjust the difficulty from intermediate to advance.
As for angle, I have done many color changes in the past, and this one has a much better angle than many of them, such as the Bertram change and the Jones change.

I don't want to give away the mechanics here, but I practiced it in front of the mirror, and this change definitely has excellent angle from the front. But also surprisingly good angle from the sides too.
I really don't see how this is only for camera as JetEyeNight have said, if you want to see angle sensitivity, check the VCR change
Just my 2 cents.
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelvin.C

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#n
Jun 12, 2010
First of all, I want to thank you guys for the kind words, I really appreciate it.
The Revolver Change is one of my favorite color changes. I am glad you guys liked it. This is my first release with Theory 11 and it's a pleasure to have this opportunity to work with Dan and and Andrei.
The angle for this change is actually quite good. I have been doing this change for years and recently used it in my competition act for the magi fest this year.
Just to give you a picture of the angle sensitivity problem, I did my act in three different rooms. Each with at least 50 people and have three judges seated separately on the left, center and right of the room. And none of those nine judges said they spot anything during the execution of the change. Normally they would write a comment if the contestant flashed something.
I routinely use this change when I perform for a group of people.
I encourage everyone to play around with this and if you still have problems with it, feel free to PM me, I will be more than happy to help.
Best,
- Kelvin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results