Bicycle Masters Edition Playing Cards - Blue

Tricks:
Ringtone By Adam Grace
Tarantula by Yigal Mesika
Gecko Extreme

Gear:
Tiger Stainless Steel Custom Card Clip
Black Tiger Gaff Deck

I think you should work on basic moves and sleights before buying single tricks DVD. Because I just watched your videos and they aren't that good. Just a suggestion.

yea some of those i would not get.
i would pick up a book or 2 instead of getting some of those. like ringtone, or gecko. even tarantula . with the money you spend for those 3 gimmick tricks, you could get one, and get 100 more tricks that can be better.
ditch the Tiger card clip and get a porper one. its a little more, but worth it. i have a ghost clip and its alright, but porper is made better.
and it looks like an E trip. i would search around like penguin and such . they have other great tricks that e doesnt have.
and i do agree with luis and maybe get a book.
i just want you to get the most for your money.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Here's my list.

Decks:
Black Tiger Deck (White + Red)
Bicycle Shadow Masters
Arcane Playing Cards
Bicycle Black Ghost
Tally-Ho Viper

Tricks:
Ringtone By Adam Grace
Gecko Extreme

Gear:
Black Tiger Gaff Deck

im gonna say this now, forget about the two card clips from E unless your going straight for looks. They do nothing to help with card life. Buy a porper instead. Much MUCH better quality. Ive heard very mixed things about the Tarantula in regards to it being very fragile so you might wanna hold off on that till later. As for all the E decks.. when i first started i bought a couple of each. They are STILL sitting on my shelf. They are ok for a collection i guess but honestly i dont ever use them. You'd be better off buying a brick of bikes to practice with or some regular tally's. As for tricks, im gonna agree with everyone else that you would do better to buy a book with a lot of material rather than 1 trick wonders. Look into Williamson Wonders or the Art of Astonishment Books. You could also try the Card Magic of Le Paul or Drawing Room Deceptions.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Why are buying all those different decks? I understand that they look "Cool" but really what most non magicians will see is just some fancy back designed cards. Hell, I'm pretty sure even if you show them to a magician he'll see the same exact thing. Save yourself the money and just either buy a 6 pack of the Master cards or go to Costco or Sams Club and get a 13 pack for like 10 bucks, that will end up lasting you for months.

As for the card clips. Just get a regular porper clip. No need for any of the special card clips.

The other stuff is.. I don't know. I'd say just stick with a book or something. I liked the idea of the David Williamson book or the Paul Harris books that will pretty much last you a few years if you stick with them.

Hell you should just get a bundle pack of cards at the local Cosco or Sams Club, then use the rest of the money you have for buying the Paul Harris books. You'll end up being set for good long time.

There I just saved you some money and you could use the money that you'll be saving over time for other things like video games, beer, gambling debts, etc.

May 9, 2010
Why are buying all those different decks? I understand that they look "Cool" but really what most non magicians will see is just some fancy back designed cards. Hell, I'm pretty sure even if you show them to a magician he'll see the same exact thing. Save yourself the money and just either buy a 6 pack of the Master cards or go to Costco or Sams Club and get a 13 pack for like 10 bucks, that will end up lasting you for months.

As for the card clips. Just get a regular porper clip. No need for any of the special card clips.

The other stuff is.. I don't know. I'd say just stick with a book or something. I liked the idea of the David Williamson book or the Paul Harris books that will pretty much last you a few years if you stick with them.

Hell you should just get a bundle pack of cards at the local Cosco or Sams Club, then use the rest of the money you have for buying the Paul Harris books. You'll end up being set for good long time.

There I just saved you some money and you could use the money that you'll be saving over time for other things like video games, beer, gambling debts, etc.

I'm not American. I can't get bicycles that easy they all have to be ordered off the internet. Costco is like 17 miles away and my book shelf is ready to break.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Have you done most of the things from your book shelf. The reason I mentioned the books is because in the long run they'll not only help you a lot more than a single trick DVD can, but they'll last you a long time. Thus saving you money in the long run.

The Art of Astonishment series has a ton of good things in it that aren't just card effects.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I'm not American. I can't get bicycles that easy they all have to be ordered off the internet. Costco is like 17 miles away and my book shelf is ready to break.

You can order bikes and Tally's off the internet in bulk for HALF the price of the custom decks which mean's more decks to practice and perform with. IF your ordering offline anyway from E might as well. As for a full book shelf, then here are a few Dvd suggestions that i think you would get a lot more use out of than those you listed. The two David Stone dvd's on restaurant magic are AMAZING. Art of Magic by Wayne Houchin is great. You could wait for the new Danny Garcia Projects which will be out soon. Irving Quant's new dvd is revolutionary. Stigmata is my number 1 trick. There are a lot of choices out there right now. Just think things through before spending a ton of money.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Here's my list.

Decks:
Black Tiger Deck (White + Red)
Bicycle Shadow Masters
Arcane Playing Cards
Bicycle Black Ghost
Tally-Ho Viper

Tricks:
Ringtone By Adam Grace
Gecko Extreme

Gear:
Black Tiger Gaff Deck

What do you think?

i'm going to give it to you straight. ok? don't take this as an attack. its just my opinion. but its an opinion i've formulated after ordering stuff from E. and then moving on to other places.

ringtone. i bought it, and it has sat on my shelf ever since. i played around with it a little bit. but it wasnt worth it for me. i love adam grace. and i know this trick works for him. but this trick wasnt for me. and i'm assuming your a high school or junior high kid like me. ringtone is no good for that situation

listen to the other guys about the card clip. if you really want to go with Ellusionist. and i'm not going to discourage this. but. i am. i've ordered from E and i've been happy with a few things. but not all (ringtone included)

it seemed to me like your going to use the cards for magic. i would really recommend getting them in bulk somewhere. you'll spend the same amount. and you'll have a bit of uniformity to your performances. which is good.

seriously, check out other sites. look for books. find DVDs that teach techniques not just one trick. were telling you this stuff cause we've all been right where you are now. and we hope that by us telling you, it will keep you from making the same mistakes we did. but hey, mistakes are a part of life and a sometimes necessary one.

i have lots of one trick DVD's on my shelf. some i use. but not alot. the stuff i use is the stuff from dvds like 'sankeys best collection' and the Allan Ackerman Advanced Card Control series. sure i use pressure every now and then. i never have used ringtone and i never will.

my best purchase ever. wasn't pressure. it wasn't ringtone. it wasn't Ninja1 it wasnt 99 from sankey.

it was Royal Road to Card Magic. seriously i probably would have quit magic if a person i barely knew. a guy who probably doesn't know what a huge effect he had on me. a guy who's trick i told you not to buy. (adam grace) hadn't told me to get it.

I'm so glad he was there to steer me right, when other magicians i asked pointed me towards good material, but it was their material. and it wasnt what i needed then. He didnt tell me to buy ringtone. he didnt tell me to buy Frozen. none of that stuff. he told me to buy a book. an old book.

so thats what I'm trying to do here DarkWitness. i'm tryin to pay it forward so to say. i really hope you'll listen to me and other guys who have been where you have.

Go for solid material. go for the books. and if you think you need DVD's to learn and you got the cash to get them. get some quality stuff that will teach you solid techniques. E does have some of those DVD's they may not be the best in the world. but if you really want to go with Ellusionist. try out Crash Course 1&2 the Ninja series. Kard Klub.

i could keep typing forever but i doubt you've read all of this. and i seriously doubt you'll read more. so i'm stopping. PM me. if you want to talk more about this. i'm here. seriously i want to help. you just gotta let me. i'm not the only one either.

-Web

Jun 10, 2010
Books

Ahh... The Royal Road to Card Magic.

A long time ago, when I was in florida, I went to this magic shop, where most of the tricks they had were pretty clever gimmicks or special decks (svengali, rising, stripper, etc.). This was one of the few gimmick-less yet effective resources I've ever seen. Pretty much every beginner I know has more or less started with the basic principles and techniques put into this lovely book. Those other guys are right. If you need cards and some techniques, do the following:
Order tally-ho's from theory11 (only a few cents more than bikes, and so worth it)
Find THREE good 1-on-1 effects, and buy/learn them. More so if you feel the need.
Buy "The Royal Road to Card Magic" (By Jean Hugard, I believe)
And if you need something for cardistry, get Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh.

EDIT: Woah. He's banned. How'd that happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results