Saw Dangers?

May 7, 2010
i ve heard a lot of ppl saying that they cant perform saw cuz something happened and is dangerous. Whats dangerous about it and wats the risks
please tell me unless it reveals the trick

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Well, I don't see much danger involved in it. You're pulling thread/floss/whatever against your throat and pulling. The things that could go wrong with that are the dangers involved.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think Dan Sperry said that if you perform it too often you can get a kind of rug burn on your neck. Which is why I don't think the effect was meant to be done a lot. It's like a one off thing.

to a degree yes....

hey guys - before i started touring on the road I was in 3 shows on the las vegas strip over the course of 4 years. during that time I performed saw 7 days a week 1-2 times a day. I never developed any growths from the "R.C." - however I have a friend that did for needle thru arm. The "gimmick" - for lack of a better word - IS not meant to go on the skin let alone that close to your nose/mouth. I perform saw less now than I used to - only about maybe 15 times a month now - and over the course of performing it I have developed a callous on my throat. It basically looks like Brad Pit's neck from Inglorious Bastards. This can be bad however because as far as I know it is 1) permanent and 2) if people see it they THINK it is somehow part of how I do it. That is why I developed Chemical X - which is a safe chemical that is meant to go on the skin is about 100xs stronger than "R.C." and lasts longer and doesn't ball up. It is helping to use that now - I only wish I had looked into it sooner. At one point I'd even be doing this 3-8 times a day in performance and my throat would get torn raw. I recommend buying spray on antibiotic that also has a numbing agent to it from a drug store. But DON'T spray it on your throat if you have an open wound. ONLY if your neck becomes sore and painful - which it will if you do it enough. It in all reality NOT a good trick to do often but I believe sometimes we must suffer for the art. So I'll go thru the pain and disfigurement.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Ok there is one thing you shouldn't do. My friend told me how to do Saw and before that I had an idea about how to do it and I was right. Well seeing as I didn't have the dvd I used a guitar string. That was all I did it with. Don't use one. It will cut you and it really really hurts. I didn't know any better. I thought you were supposed to do it with a guitar string. Don't.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Which is the reason I did it like that. I saw him do it on the show before I started magic and whenever I got heavy into geek magic and saw Saw, I was like, Criss did that with a guitar string so I did as well.... I'm ashamed.... :(

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results