Ambitious Coin Routine?

May 19, 2010
I had an idea for an ambitious coin routine. Like where you place a copper coin under a stack of silver coins and it comes to the top.
So my question is, has anybody ever seen this been done before, or is it something I should pursue?

Jul 8, 2008
The exact thing you said has been done exactly how you said it lol. Check out Joe Rindfleisch's extreme coin magic.

Sep 3, 2007
Your right. I checked out the demo. Oh well, at least I'm thinking on the same level.

Nah. Keep working on it. What could it hurt besides "he ripped off my trick?" It is a coin trick. My idea of an ambitious coin trick is one that keeps showing up. And yes, mine did have a half.

In other words, why are people discouraging you for having ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, well it's very hard to come up with a new plot entirely anyways. Don't let the fact that it's been done before (and let's face it, would you really expect magicians to not apply the ambitious concept to other things anyway...) put you off from doing it in your own way. I always have effects with no methods that I try to create...

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Dan Harlan has a version of it. Honestly, it's not that great of an effect unless you have a fantastic patter that goes along with it.

World's Greatest Expanded Shell magic I believe is where you can find it.

try a signature ambitious coin for a project. have them sign a coin, lets say a silver half, then have them place i under a 7 coin stack. Wave your hand over the stack and have the signature jump coins. You could sign one side and they could sign the other. Then place the coin in the center of the stack. snap your fingers and the signatures seperate onto seperate coins. just some ideas...

Sep 3, 2007
Dan Harlan has a version of it. Honestly, it's not that great of an effect unless you have a fantastic patter that goes along with it.

World's Greatest Expanded Shell magic I believe is where you can find it.

When I first read the OP I was thinking about my invisible palm type routine with a half (expanded shell). Given the invisible palm plot w/coins I think an ambitious presentation would work (one coin keeps coming back to the other(s)).

Dang it, I misplaced my half when I moved recently otherwise I'd play around with the idea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results