Real Magic For Them

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I'm interested in seeing the results of this. What are some tricks that have really resonated with your audiences and made them remember you? I'm talking about tricks that have caused a deep connection between the spectator and real magic.

Ian

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
For me? Bending quarters with my mind. I do a version of the coin bend that was inspired by Marc Spellmann, where the coin really bends at my fingertips.

I did it three weeks ago at the farmer's market, and the girls I did it for keep coming back and every time they see me, they say they still have the quarter in their box of 'cool stuff', and they always want their friends to see me do it.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
The invisible palm has been doing really well with me right now. Also (I can't remember the name of this for the life of me but it is on True Astonishment too) the one where you get the time to appear in the match book. Gold =)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There's a trick I love performing called the Modest Memory Routine.

Most of the memory demonstration is done by the spec, who memorises (genuinely) a stack of cards with a lot of extra info as well. There's nothing like surprising a spectator with how good their memory really is.

Three come to mind that spectators seems to love and can't forget.

The first is a simple card to mouth. I think that it is a very visual and fooling effect, even when performed for a crowd of people it nevers fails to astound.
The next is the two card monte, fools everyone and even the toughest spectators that are determine to trash your performance are fooled.
And the last that I find that gets the best results is Angle Zero by Danial Madison. Easy and almost self working effect that blows people away. People don't forget it.

My two cents

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
For me my sloppy triumph blows people away. I get a lot of great reactions and it is probably the effect that repeat specs ask me to perform for their friends if they see me out somewhere. Its even better if I am at a party and someone throws me their own deck.

For me my sloppy triumph blows people away. I get a lot of great reactions and it is probably the effect that repeat specs ask me to perform for their friends if they see me out somewhere. Its even better if I am at a party and someone throws me their own deck.

People seem to remember me for this one as well. And also Out Of This World and Card to Mouth (I use this as the third move in my ACR but it's always the phase people seem to remember the most. Probably says something about my routining!)

Rev

Jul 13, 2008
Even though it's so simple, card-to-mouth seems to hit hard. I'm always asked to perform that trick. William by David Stone gets me a lot of good reactions to.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results