Heya, Misdirection how do you work?

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Misdirection is key in coin magic and I focus on that and it works fine, however I just performed something for my little brother last night and he said it was "cool, but I kind of know the coin is where you don't look" Has anyone else encountered something like that? I don't focus like a tracking machine, I just look to where it should be. I never look at where the coin REALLY is. What is up with that.

Has this happened to you?

It never has until my brother.

Maybe coin magic is impervious to some?

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Misdirection is key in coin magic and I focus on that and it works fine, however I just performed something for my little brother last night and he said it was "cool, but I kind of know the coin is where you don't look" Has anyone else encountered something like that? I don't focus like a tracking machine, I just look to where it should be. I never look at where the coin REALLY is. What is up with that.

Has this happened to you?

It never has until my brother.

Maybe coin magic is impervious to some?

Family is not the best audience to practice on, especially if you've practiced on them before. But even if you haven't, they are familiar with your body language and nuances, and unless you're a perfect actor, you will give tells that the coin is not where it is supposed to be. The tells will be the tiniest of tiny things, and only things that people you have known and grown up with for your entire life will be able to pick up, subconsciously or not.

However, one of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard on coin magic, is when you do a retention, actually believe in your mind, and convince yourself that the coin is in the hand that you supposedly put it in.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
get the book "Designing Miracles" by Darwin Ortiz.

Your Welcome.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Misdirection is often made easier the harder someone tries to catch you. If you have a deck in one hand, and someone expects you to control the card, you can produce an elephant with the other and they'll never notice. Be creative, use the narrow focus and be unexpected.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results