Anybody heard of a fan like this?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Sup Guys,

when i first started in magic. i started with a stripper deck. it got to the point that i needed to get a fan or spread so i could have a card selected easier. i didn't research around to find a good fan i just started trying to get the cards to fan

any way my fan goes something like this. i take the pack in my left hand and bevel it into the crotch or my right thumb. then i use my left hand to spread the bottom of the pack around in an arc towards the left.

its not the prettiest fan in the world. but its interesting.

i was just curious if anybody has heard of a similar fan. or if i have something original.

recently i've learned the thumb and pressure fans for fan controls and such. thats when i realized how unique mine felt.

if you guys would like and if you think it would make identifying it easier, i could shoot a video of the fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Sup Guys,

when i first started in magic. i started with a stripper deck. it got to the point that i needed to get a fan or spread so i could have a card selected easier. i didn't research around to find a good fan i just started trying to get the cards to fan

any way my fan goes something like this. i take the pack in my left hand and bevel it into the crotch or my right thumb. then i use my left hand to spread the bottom of the pack around in an arc towards the left.

i was just curious if anybody has heard of a similar fan. or if i have something original.

recently i've learned the thumb and pressure fans for fan controls and such. thats when i realized how unique mine felt.

if you guys would like and if you think it would make identifying it easier, i could shoot a video of the fan.

Yeah i think a video would help out a bit. :cool:

Sup Guys,

Sounds like a variation of Jaspas's inverse fan
www.youtube.com/thecuso
Scroll down the videos until you see
"Jaspas Inverse Fan"

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
It sounds like the method for blank fanning if the deck is in your left hand, just reversed.

Or a one hand-semicircular reverse fan, but formed with two hands.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
It probably has a name, but I haven't heard to anyone refer to it specifically. I independently discovered this method to blank fan in my left hand, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's been around for quite some time.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mij74bhRU1g at 0:40 i do it roundly tho not a arc but i guess it has same method

its actually very similar to this fan. sorry i didnt get a video up. and for some reason notifications arent getting sent to my email so i don't know when somebody else posts on this thread that i subscribed to.

so i'm going to go make a video right now. (right after i go do this...and this and this and this and ultimately forget :p)

its actually very similar to this fan. sorry i didnt get a video up. and for some reason notifications arent getting sent to my email so i don't know when somebody else posts on this thread that i subscribed to.

so i'm going to go make a video right now. (right after i go do this...and this and this and this and ultimately forget :p)

Did you recreate the SAMURAI fan?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results