Invisible Turnover pass the same as Hermann?

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Hey guys! I was reading ECT and I came across the Invisible Tun-Over Pass. Is this the same as the Hermann pass?

Or is the Hermann pass a more perfected method? I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the Hermann pass, but it looks similar to the one described in ECT. Is the one in ECT worthwhile (my guess would be it is).

Cheers

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I use the hermann pass every day. It's a real good pass. I haven't read ECT so I can't help you. But I just watched some vids on youtube of it and I think it might be the same but I'm probably wrong.

Jul 13, 2008
I believe the Invisible Turnover Pass is just a Hermann Pass with the added turnover, thus making it a variation on the Hermann. The actually Hermann pass does not involve any kind of turnover action. The added turnover makes it, in my opinion, smoother, easier and better on the angles. I use the turnover pass in almost every performance I do, and it goes by without getting noticed. I do the classic Hermann when I'm performing for say, two to three people.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I believe the Invisible Turnover Pass is just a Hermann Pass with the added turnover, thus making it a variation on the Hermann. The actually Hermann pass does not involve any kind of turnover action. The added turnover makes it, in my opinion, smoother, easier and better on the angles. I use the turnover pass in almost every performance I do, and it goes by without getting noticed. I do the classic Hermann when I'm performing for say, two to three people.

Thanks! I'll be working on the description in ECT then.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

Exactly. The Hermann pass is essentially the opposite of the classic pass in terms of how the packets are transposed. The Hermann Turnover pass is the same movement as the turnover pass but is done while turning the deck over (presumably under of guise of showing the bottom card). Hugard and Braue's Invisible Turnover Pass is a variation on the Hermann Turnover Pass.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Exactly. The Hermann pass is essentially the opposite of the classic pass in terms of how the packets are transposed. The Hermann Turnover pass is the same movement as the turnover pass but is done while turning the deck over (presumably under of guise of showing the bottom card). Hugard and Braue's Invisible Turnover Pass is a variation on the Hermann Turnover Pass.
Thanks for the clarification!

Which pass do you consider better in overall appearance and mechanics? The Hermann Turnover pass, or the Invisible Turnover pass?

Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
A cover that I use for the Invisible Turnover Pass from ECT is to look at my watch...this provides motivation for the turn over if you don't have motivation already built into whatever patter you are using...I am sure this is not original, but it is worth mentioning.

-Vinny

Dec 5, 2007
From what i can remember Darwin Ortiz has some great work on this move called The Ortiz shift, worth to look into if you like the move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results