Levitation - Real or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys, Cedric here. Well I ran into this guy online. Who does a really sweet levitation. I looked at it and with logic, and reason. I know its not a Criss Angel version because the guy don't have Criss Angel's money. Its not Andrew Mayne's Version as i know of for technical reasons.

Anyway, I offered this guy a couple thousands for the secret. Of course he wouldn't budge. He told me his biggest illusion was the fact that he calls himself a magician and he can really levitate. According to this guy, the likes of myself, Banachek, and The Pendragons has offered money but we've all received the same answer saying that he can really levitate. I don't buy that theory.

I know you guys have the ability to dissect anything, which is why i'll post this and if you have any knowledge, please pm me in regards to this method. It looks pretty damn good.

-CT-

no i'm not asking for exposure, just where it can be bought...or found.

his levitation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LT4D7HoqM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys, Cedric here. Well I ran into this guy online. Who does a really sweet levitation. I looked at it and with logic, and reason. I know its not a Criss Angel version because the guy don't have Criss Angel's money. Its not Andrew Mayne's Version as i know of for technical reasons.

Anyway, I offered this guy a couple thousands for the secret. Of course he wouldn't budge. He told me his biggest illusion was the fact that he calls himself a magician and he can really levitate. According to this guy, the likes of myself, Banachek, and The Pendragons has offered money but we've all received the same answer saying that he can really levitate. I don't buy that theory.

I know you guys have the ability to dissect anything, which is why i'll post this and if you have any knowledge, please pm me in regards to this method. It looks pretty damn good.

-CT-

his levitation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LT4D7HoqM

R U asking us to exposed his method? If you are, then thats WRONG, man.

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
Has anyone seen RayWilliamJohnson videos on youtube? If you had then you will understand this reference:

FAKE AND GAY!

Several reasons:

1.- Why are his legs so stiff?

2.- Why aren't they showing WHATS BEHIND OF HIM?

3.- All the videos start just when he starts "levitating" and when he "descends"

4.- If it is magical powers granted by thor wich can be applyed anywhere, why don't I see live performances? hell if I could this for real I would do it and record myself at the mall all day long.

5.-"According to this guy banachek and some others have offered him money" WTF? is there anyway to contact banachek and have a straight answer? obviously not, I could say that Lady Gaga wants to use some of my written songs and nobody would be able to verify it.

6.- Is a stated fact that you cannot levitate using black. Is a fashion crime (only point where I'm joking)

Now there is your FAKE section of the day, why is the video GAY?

I don't know you, but I don't like videos where half the video are fake levitations and the other half are vanity pictures from a guy that wants to look like boy george.

as I said.

FAKE AND GAY.

Peace out homie.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
He is using a lot of invisible thread and a helicopter =P

But seriously, I haven't seen anything on the market like this, but at the same time, I don't think that I would want it. The angle looks pretty plain, and without seeing it live, I am willing to bet that the secret isn't as good as this YouTube clip has to offer.

Has anyone seen RayWilliamJohnson videos on youtube? If you had then you will understand this reference:

FAKE AND GAY!

Several reasons:

1.- Why are his legs so stiff?

2.- Why aren't they showing WHATS BEHIND OF HIM?

3.- All the videos start just when he starts "levitating" and when he "descends"

4.- If it is magical powers granted by thor wich can be applyed anywhere, why don't I see live performances? hell if I could this for real I would do it and record myself at the mall all day long.

5.-"According to this guy banachek and some others have offered him money" WTF? is there anyway to contact banachek and have a straight answer? obviously not, I could say that Lady Gaga wants to use some of my written songs and nobody would be able to verify it.

6.- Is a stated fact that you cannot levitate using black. Is a fashion crime (only point where I'm joking)

Now there is your FAKE section of the day, why is the video GAY?

I don't know you, but I don't like videos where half the video are fake levitations and the other half are vanity pictures from a guy that wants to look like boy george.

as I said.

FAKE AND GAY.

Peace out homie.
i'm not levitating, he is.....i'm trying to find out where i can buy the effect from or is it posted in any book or something.... i could care less about his look....

i don't buy him levitating forreal. i know you guys are the most opinionated people i ever ran into so when i want to know something...just ask you all...

He is using a lot of invisible thread and a helicopter =P

But seriously, I haven't seen anything on the market like this, but at the same time, I don't think that I would want it. The angle looks pretty plain, and without seeing it live, I am willing to bet that the secret isn't as good as this YouTube clip has to offer.
thanks...one of the best answers i've gotten, you obviously get my point...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
do you read, i'm asking where i can buy it, when someone ask of someone with knowledge of something, it means that i'm asking for help.....

Yes, you're asking US where to buy it because the PERFORMER DID NOT WANT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU. Clearly, you didn't read my post either.

I'm surprised how quickly you jumped to insults though, it reveals your character very very quickly.

Yes, you are asking for help. But you may as well be asking for exposure. Again, this is highly unethical. If I performed something for you, and didn't want to explain how the effect was done, and you went around and asked every single other magician in the audience how to do it, that would be going behind my back, and it would be, in effect, STEALING.

Yes, you're asking US where to buy it because the PERFORMER DID NOT WANT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU. Clearly, you didn't read my post either.

I'm surprised how quickly you jumped to insults though, it reveals your character very very quickly.

Yes, you are asking for help. But you may as well be asking for exposure. Again, this is highly unethical. If I performed something for you, and didn't want to explain how the effect was done, and you went around and asked every single other magician in the audience how to do it, that would be going behind my back, and it would be, in effect, STEALING.
like uri geller right??? remember him??? his name was tarnished for not being upfront...criss angel gets talked about for not being upfront, and i'm trying to see things for what they are, yet you lash out at me....

riiiight.....

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
like uri geller right??? remember him??? his name was tarnished for not being upfront...criss angel gets talked about for not being upfront, and i'm trying to see things for what they are, yet you lash out at me....

riiiight.....

Actually Prae has a point, and you still don't get it. Put more attention man :)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

riiiight.....

Completely missed the point buddy. Not about Uri, Not about Criss. Completely different ethical issues. Uri gets lambasted for pretending to be psychic, and getting caught out. Criss gets lambasted for overusing camera tricks, and not developing his character.

Don't try to change the subject with irrelevant tangents. What Uri and Criss do is no defense for you. No need to speak sarcastically to me. It only hides the fact that you're desperately trying to defend yourself, and failing. This is not trying to see things as they are. This is an attempt to find out someone else's method to an effect (who clearly does not want to share it with you) by going behind their back and STEALING their own efforts.

You, on the other hand, are being criticised for a complete lack of ethics, and if you would re read this post, you'd realise that the majority of posts have agreed.

Completely missed the point buddy. Not about Uri, Not about Criss. Completely different ethical issues. Uri gets lambasted for pretending to be psychic, and getting caught out. Criss gets lambasted for overusing camera tricks, and not developing his character.

Don't try to change the subject with irrelevant tangents. What Uri and Criss do is no defense for you. No need to speak sarcastically to me. It only hides the fact that you're desperately trying to defend yourself, and failing. This is not trying to see things as they are. This is an attempt to find out someone else's method to an effect (who clearly does not want to share it with you) by going behind their back and STEALING their own efforts.

You, on the other hand, are being criticised for a complete lack of ethics, and if you would re read this post, you'd realise that the majority of posts have agreed.
you can use your ethical talk, i'm not in this alone. are you telling me that i'm the only forum member, to cross the proverbial line, when asking a question??? lets pretend this is a simple double lift....you ask someone, they don't tell you, so you are telling me that you will not ask another person knowing they might know???

you can't say thats not the same, because no matter how big or little the effect it its the same thing...i know these types of questions get asked daily.....i'm not gonna defend myself at all....

i know this happens daily....

aslo when i used criss and uri, i was using the guy as an example....he's claiming to do things forreal when i know its not foreal...i asked about a method, and he sold me the idea of it being real...to me thats the same and uri and criss's situation....

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
you can use your ethical talk, i'm not in this alone. are you telling me that i'm the only forum member, to cross the proverbial line, when asking a question??? lets pretend this is a simple double lift....you ask someone, they don't tell you, so you are telling me that you will not ask another person knowing they might know???

Not an excuse buddy. Other people doing what you do is not an excuse for doing wrong. If three people were beating a man to death, would you join in because they were already doing it?

Your comparison with a double lift is faulty, but ok, I'll roll with it. If I asked someone how they did a trick, and they did it with a double lift, and they refused to tell me... I would buy a magic book. Simple as that. Because I am a magician, and I know that if they don't want me to know how they did it, fair enough. I would respect their wishes.

Now, a layman might ask someone how to do it. I've had layman friends ask me how to do tricks. But they're laymen. Not magicians. Being magicians, we are in a position to know the ethics of the art form that we follow, and we should follow them.

Again, being a sheep is not a good excuse for doing anything, least of all anything wrong.

you can't say thats not the same, because no matter how big or little the effect it its the same thing...i know these types of questions get asked daily.....i'm not gonna defend myself at all....

i know this happens daily....

And yet, you're defending yourself now. Why is that? And you continue to defend yourself for another few lines. Why is that?

Again, other people doing it is no excuse to do it yourself. It's an argument for people who have no defense. Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the one who follows him?

You've basically just admitted that what you've done is unethical.

"Yes, I'm doing this... But other people do as well, so it's ok." WRONG. Many people lie, cheat and steal every single day. Do you really think that it makes it ok? Have you ever tried stealing something, and then said to the store owner, "Don't worry man, I know lots of people who do this every day. And they steal more than I do. Don't worry about it, it's cool."

Well, I can't stop you from doing it. I can only call you out on it if and when you do. But that's terrible morals man.

aslo when i used criss and uri, i was using the guy as an example....he's claiming to do things forreal when i know its not foreal...i asked about a method, and he sold me the idea of it being real...to me thats the same and uri and criss's situation....

Have you ever thought that maybe, heck, he's just lying? I mean, he obviously doesn't want to tell you how he did it, which is exactly what I said in my very first post, which you obviously still haven't read.

The fact that he's selling it as real, does not make it anything more than a magic trick. You already know that.

And the fact that it is a magic trick means that it should be subject to certain ethical guidelines that the majority of respectable magicians adhere and agree to.

Yes, he's essentially doing the same thing as Uri, albeit on a smaller scale. However...

Uri pretended to be psychic. People called him out on it by proving otherwise.

This guy is pretending to be able to levitate. You're asking other people how he does it so that you can perform it.

Big difference, my friend.

Jul 13, 2009
Jesus ****ing Christ, Calm the **** down y'll. Anyway the youtube magician is a prick for saying he can really levitate and has the gall to say that the levitation that he is presenting has been used over and over again.

Cedric you can find the method in Andrew Mayne's touching sky.

Second of all, Cedric really wasn't in the wrong in asking where the hell to find the effect. If I were doing the invisible deck on a youtube video and someone asked me the secret to the effect, first off I would direct said person to a place where they can find out how to perform the effect. I would not claim it as my own trick.

Everyone just take a step back and breathe, not every person on here is out to be a d-bag magician.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
First of all ... stop bashing each other, this won't get you anywhere ...

And second of all, some youtube guy saying he can really levitate obviously wants attention. And if he REALLY wanted attention, he would do it by any means necessary. Do u really think that there is a clever method behind this .... i mean c'mon, the only spec. is the guy saying "WTF .. WTF ..." and the dog. I mean the dog is doing a better job trying to figure out how the trick works by sniffing around than the guy just standing there, i believe the guy knows hows he's doing it ...

I'm NOT trying to expose anything but the guy saying "You can go higher" or "C'mon back down" is signaling someone to do the dirty work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results