Luke Dancy: On the Floor

ATH

May 1, 2010
Hey guys,

This is a review on Luke Dancy's On the Floor notes. They can be purchased here: http://www.lukedancy.com

This PDf consists of 7 effects, using ice cubes, pencils, cards, soda caps (and imaginary phones). At only $15, this is a real steal. There's some really great stuff in here.

Teaching-- The teaching in here is just right: not too much detail; not too little. It is easy to understand and is well written with very few typos (if any). There are pictures showing the moves, but the effects are so easy to follow along they are almost not necessary.

Effects-- As I said earlier, there is some great Dancy Mischief in here. There are 7 effects:

Sandwich Way Did They Go??
: This is a really great sandwich effect with a kicker ending.

A Misleading Situation
: A sick effect where you sharpen a pencil with your bare hands. This comes across as a real miracle to the spectators - perfect for street magic or pretty much any other venue. Two methods are given.

Pop-Pop-Pop
: Another sweet card effect where the mates of the spectator's selection pop out of nowhere. Very surprising.

Cubed Up: A simple effect where you suck an ice cube up a straw. This is great thinking and perfect for an impromptu trick.

Please Try Again: Probably My favorite effect on here. You open a bottle of soda hoping to win a prize. You look at the cap and it says "Please Try Again". You give the spectator the bottle to try it, and now the cap says they won. This is a great idea for a street magic effect.

Sekul Tuc: A nice false cut that is used as the base for The Dancy Revelation, available for download here on Theory 11.

9-1-1
: Another card effect where you use "emergency cards" to locate the selection and the mates.

The PDF was produced very well. There is definitely an effect for everyone, so go support Luke and pick this up!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

This is a review on Luke Dancy's On the Floor notes. They can be purchased here: http://www.lukedancy.com

This PDf consists of 7 effects, using ice cubes, pencils, cards, soda caps (and imaginary phones). At only $15, this is a real steal. There's some really great stuff in here.

Teaching-- The teaching in here is just right: not too much detail; not too little. It is easy to understand and is well written with very few typos (if any). There are pictures showing the moves, but the effects are so easy to follow along they are almost not necessary.

Effects-- As I said earlier, there is some great Dancy Mischief in here. There are 7 effects:

Sandwich Way Did They Go??
: This is a really great sandwich effect with a kicker ending.

A Misleading Situation
: A sick effect where you sharpen a pencil with your bare hands. This comes across as a real miracle to the spectators - perfect for street magic or pretty much any other venue. Two methods are given.

Pop-Pop-Pop
: Another sweet card effect where the mates of the spectator's selection pop out of nowhere. Very surprising.

Cubed Up: A simple effect where you suck an ice cube up a straw. This is great thinking and perfect for an impromptu trick.

Please Try Again: Probably My favorite effect on here. You open a bottle of soda hoping to win a prize. You look at the cap and it says "Please Try Again". You give the spectator the bottle to try it, and now the cap says they won. This is a great idea for a street magic effect.

Sekul Tuc: A nice false cut that is used as the base for The Dancy Revelation, available for download here on Theory 11.

9-1-1
: Another card effect where you use "emergency cards" to locate the selection and the mates.

The PDF was produced very well. There is definitely an effect for everyone, so go support Luke and pick this up!

Great little review Austin. When I get the money later, I will probably support Luke and pick this up! Sounds like a decent PDF. Luke and Irving are teaming up and having The Magic Session, coming soon! Go follow them on twitter @TheMagicSession!!!

-Casey

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
This sounds really cool. I might pick it up when I get some money. I'll be getting some soon since I started to work.

Okay how will you descrice these effects on diffuculty level. Are they for Beginners or Intermediate?

Are some of them gimmick effects?

Thanks for the review

ATH

May 1, 2010
This sounds really cool. I might pick it up when I get some money. I'll be getting some soon since I started to work.

Okay how will you descrice these effects on diffuculty level. Are they for Beginners or Intermediate?

Are some of them gimmick effects?

Thanks for the review

I'd put the difficulty level at beginner to mildly intermediate. None of these effects are too difficult to be practical for performance. The card effects will take a little practice, but once again, they're not too difficult. Depending on where you're at as a magician, you should be able to pull these off fairly easily.

Gimmickwise; some of the effects use gimmicks or have versions that use gimmicks, but they aren't anything too crazy. Gimmicks shouldn't drive you away from a trick, as the experience for the spectators is all that matters.

Peace,
Austin

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
Austin,

I appreciate the positive feedback and the great review. These notes really do have something for everyone. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the effects or just anything else you might be curious about.

l u k e

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results