E's CIBs

Sep 2, 2007
Guys, this is NOT a 'good deal' look, almost 30 bucks on one, ungimmicked, effect!? I mean, come ON! I don't mind paying 30 bucks for a gimmick. but un gimmicked? NO THANKS! these are a rip-off. and probably have been done before. MY CIB is probably better...

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
listen to dizzi, look at the price, compare it to things u spend on during the day, or for minors ask your parents. Unless you are going to perform this, and make money, just perform this for friends, $25- $30 is ridiculous. I can see that amount being reasonable for an effect like Digital Dissolve, or Distortion which come with gimmicks, but you look at most of E's stuff and no gimmicks, just an overpriced DVD. I dont blame the creators, not am saying the products are bad, just overpriced.

EDIT: Also I think its amazing the amount of CIB's coming out nowadays, c mon, cant people be morecreative, make some new plots. Its like different versions of the same story. The audience doesn't give a s***(self edited) if the bottle is sealed or not. It went through a bottle. Thats amazing.

Sep 1, 2007
listen to dizzi, look at the price, compare it to things u spend on during the day, or for minors ask your parents. Unless you are going to perform this, and make money, just perform this for friends, $25- $30 is ridiculous. I can see that amount being reasonable for an effect like Digital Dissolve, or Distortion which come with gimmicks, but you look at most of E's stuff and no gimmicks, just an overpriced DVD. I dont blame the creators, not am saying the products are bad, just overpriced.

EDIT: Also I think its amazing the amount of CIB's coming out nowadays, c mon, cant people be morecreative, make some new plots. Its like different versions of the same story. The audience doesn't give a s***(self edited) if the bottle is sealed or not. It went through a bottle. Thats amazing.

Actually I quite disagree with you. Even if the effect is 50 dollars, if it is one you'll always use and one that will be remembered by the spectators, even thought it's just one effect, it's still worth it. You're not paying for the gimmick, you're paying for the effect. But if you think it's a ripoff, so be it then, dont buy it!

Also, are you kidding me? Of course the spectators care if the bottle is sealed or not. Slam the coin in an opened bottle, the spectators probably think "yeah he probably just sneaked the coin in somehow". But when it's factory sealed? Brings the effect to a whole new level.

And please, don't be so against E. Look at Distortion. How long have the gimmick been around for? AND digital dissolve. Like you said, can't people be more creative?

Most of the magic today are all regurgitated ideas from before. Don't be an E hater. Without E, there wouldn't even be T11.

Sep 2, 2007
Hey Addy, it's cool man, don't worry about it. We don't need to fuel any T11 vs E tensions. We're all magicians here, right? Let's just be happy we all have choices.

And please, don't be so against E.

Most of the magic today are all regurgitated ideas from before. Don't be an E hater. Without E, there wouldn't even be T11.

Right....And without Theory 11 there wouldn't be the need for E to change their site to try and keep up.

Good call though....NOT!!

If you love E so much, Why not declare it on E's site.

Right....And without Theory 11 there wouldn't be the need for E to change their site to try and keep up.

Is this kind of thing going to happen every time E gets mentioned?

Kinda' sad...and you should really get your facts straight before having a go.

Jack has made plenty of mentions of how the guys here wish the forums to be run...maybe you should try listening to other people more often.

Rabid

Sep 4, 2007
Deleted by poster.

Pretty bad when one of my mods has to tell me to settle down, but then again, that is the value of having a staff of good moderators...they can even follow me over here....lol. My apologies and I will back out of this thread.

Thanks, Goud.

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia

Actually that was all in the works well before T11 was ever launched. The guys that left E to come here would have known all of that well before it happened that you found out.

Just keep in mind that what you guys see in front of the scenes is only a little of what actually happens.
Think about it like a duck, to you and I it looks like they just float across the water, but underneath they are kicking hard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results