Gimmicked watch?

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
So I got ParaLies yesterday and a gimmicked watch or a Richard Osterlind dvd is needed to complete the effect I want to do for the talent show this upcoming semester. Problem is, Joshua doesn't give out a name of a watch that does what is needed, which is having someone spin the hand over and over, changing directions, but when he stops, it will be the time you predicted. I have no idea what to type in to find such an item. I pm'd Prae but he hasn't replied and I need to get a watch like that really soon. Can anyone help?

Sep 24, 2007
You don't need a gimmicked watch to do this (Any watch that turns to set the time will work, some better than others.) - if you have the time to go out and buy one, just get Osterlind's first Mind Mysteries tape. It's really good.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1742 for an inferior explanation, but it's an instant download and may suit your needs better.

Dec 14, 2007
The gimmicked watch is called a stull watch. The originals are rare and highly collectable. Richard Gerlitz did a limited run of them, they are also rare and collectable. I think they sold in the $2000-3000 dollar range.

Bizarre de magia has a version of the stull watch which works well. I was sent one for review but can't recall its price point. Wasn't perfect as you had to control the direction they turned the stem, but much cheaper.

You can accomplish the same thing with some watches, however it was bev bergeron who published an inexpensive manuscript back in the 80's which alerted many to a quirk in swatch watches that allowed you to use it as a forcing device.

Collectors Workshop sold several incarnations of this effect including versions that could be done with digital alarm clocks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results