Aladdin 1001 Finish

May 10, 2010
Hi all,

I would like to ask about the Aladdin 1001 playing cards. As I am aware, these cards are no longer being printed, but they are readily available here in Singapore. However, there are two different finishes that were used on these cards. The Smooth Finish, and the Air-Cushion Finish.

My question would be, which one of the finishes is the better one, and which is the rarer one? What I mean by this is whether the Aladdins with the Smooth Finish is rarer than the other, and whether the Aladdins with the Air-Cushion Finish handles better than the other?

Cheers,
Jason

Feb 4, 2008
The 1001's are the smooth finish Aladdin's. They are made for the Singapore market, which is why they are readily available there. They are a great card! I havn't heard that they have been discontinued but it is possible. A lot of brands got nixed when USPCC reorganized. I have not used the 1002 personally but most people who have used both claim the 1002s(air cushion finish style) suck compared to the 1001s. Furthermore the 1001s will work better in humid climates. If they are readily available where you are at I would recommend you check them out. If you like them buy in bulk! If what you say is correct, and USPC has discontinued them, they should fetch a good price in a few years. Look at Steamboats. They only got cancelled a year or two ago and the going rate is already $10.00 a deck!...Of course Steamboats are Bad Ass!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Definitely get the smooth finish ones. This is the general consensus from what I've seen, and I love the smooth finishes. The Air Cushion isn't anything special - may as well get any other deck. But the smooth finish is so different to what you will get with other decks that it's worth trying out, and surprisingly good. If I was in Singapore I'd buy a few bricks of the smooth finish Aladdins.

May 23, 2010
Singapore
Definitely Smooths.You are better off buying Rider Backs if you are going to buy the Air Cushions.

Also just to clarify , there are both Smooth and Air cushion finishes for the Aladdin 1001 while the Aladdin 1002s are air cushion with gold gilded edges.So in fact both 1001s and 1002s have an air-cushion version while the Smooth Finish is exclusive to 1001s

In simpler terms :

Finishes Available on:

Aladdin 1001 : Smooth and Air Cushion

Aladdin 1002 : Air Cushion

Jun 10, 2010
Although these are made for the Singapore market, is there any retail store around Virginia, USA, that sells smooth finish 1001's? I rather like the back design and want some durable cards for the summer heat.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Although these are made for the Singapore market, is there any retail store around Virginia, USA, that sells smooth finish 1001's? I rather like the back design and want some durable cards for the summer heat.

I don't believe they're sold retail in the US. I vaguely recall D&D claiming to be the only American seller of Aladdins.

May 23, 2010
Singapore
I have Aladdin 1002 Smooth Finish :)

False , Aladdin 1002s don't have Smooth Finish.

Also , referring to Prae's reply , I think Ace King Cards or Fullboatdealer sold them before D&D.Nontheless , I think that at that point of time the only way for Aladdins to be brought into America was to buy it directly from Singapore

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
False , Aladdin 1002s don't have Smooth Finish.

Also , referring to Prae's reply , I think Ace King Cards or Fullboatdealer sold them before D&D.Nontheless , I think that at that point of time the only way for Aladdins to be brought into America was to buy it directly from Singapore

Touché, that would probably be right. Thanks for the correction.

Sep 1, 2007
to clarify,

dan and dave may be the only online distributor of these.

The smooth finish are better and feel really nice
the air cushion are the rare kind, but also the lesser.

May 10, 2010
I do believe that USPCC has stopped the production of aladdin 1001. Dan and Dave's website do not sell these, and I remember Dan stating on forums that USPCC have indeed ceased printing of the aladdins. That said, it's not easy to find them nowadays. The only exception to this would be if you were living in Singapore, where we're practically living on a gold mine of the 1001s. That is, until we run out. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results