Random Thoughts

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Here are some thoughts of mine. You can tell me to shut up; in fact, go ahead. It's a free...website. Mostly.

Justin.Morris:
Don't forget to go out and perform! Don't let the internet consume you!

Trading
It's wrong. You get free magic, yeah, but at a high price. Paying for magic is the same simple reason you pay for concert tickets, museum passes, and other similar things - to support the artists. Case closed. Next!

Constructive Criticism
The concept of this has been twisted more than your average politician. Don't get me wrong, this is good stuff, and I love it. I strive to make myself better based on others' constructive comments. But - and I'll only say this once - constructive criticism isn't bashing.

Hating on Magicians/Magic Genres
Stop it. From Criss Angel to the Amazing Larry over on Fifth Street, we're all magicians. We get our message across in different ways. We're a big family, sort of, and you have to learn to live with who you've got. And there are a lot of amazing relatives to learn from. So don't hate, appreciate.

YouTube
YouTube needs to die. Hardcore. I suggest we all go to Vimeo and password protect every single one of our videos so that our art can truly be layered in deception. Anyone guess why there's so many tutorials on YT? Because performances were put there first. And Vimeo has a better community. YT is also the main focus for hating/trolling.

Tinychat
Awesome. Go now. It's a hangout for magicians where you can session, jam, and practice real time and get advice, and maybe learn new things or even win some new swag.

GusEds:
Whining

Don't cry because someone on the internet is taking pot shots at you. Stop by your local hospital and get a pair.

Man it up because what you need in life is confidence in yourself, not arrogance.

When in doubt, go to the classics.

And for you new kids...

"Confusion isn't magic." - Dai Vernon, the Professor

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Whining

Don't cry because someone on the internet is taking pot shots at you. Stop by your local hospital and get a pair.

Man it up because what you need in life is confidence in yourself, not arrogance.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Speling

Dude, I'm not complaining. I had some thoughts I wanted to post, so I did. You could say that for numerous threads that are valuable.

Ian

Nah man, you got it wrong - I was adding to the list!

Edit: Did you purposefully misspell 'spelling'?

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Youtube needs to die. I agree. Only the magic part though because I like the rest of it. And I agree on having protected videos on Vimeo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results