Speed in Flourishing

Jun 10, 2010
Guys, what he says is completely right....we should not question him because he is higher than all of us....remember?

He might be a south park fan, hoping he'll have an evil cult full of followers like David Blaine. Just throwing that out there. Although the huge John Wilkes Booth statue might crush his ego. If we're lucky.

Oct 1, 2008
Northwest Indiana
speed, is NOT an indication of skill. That's bull****. I've been a member here for two years and I don't post... I have what... 15? In those two years... you know how many flourish videos I've seen of random dood 1 or random dood 2 flourishing as fast as they can with no 'grace' at all? ... can't count 'em. Yet I've seen plenty of vids with folks flourishing slow, consistent, and fluid and they were the ones that got my attention. It's a rare thing to have both. Everyone want's to have D+M, the Bucks, Andrei's... Kent's talent... speed and fluidity combined... but, that I personally have yet to see from anyone arguing in this thread. If I missed it, kindly direct me to the right place.

Aug 8, 2010
let me add my 2 cents to the discussion.
I love performing the same flourish twice in a row for people. YES, one flourishes and then the same one. But first i do it as fast as i can. They i slow it down a bit so that all moves are clear to the spectator, but still fast and smooth enough so that looks cool.

Smoothness

Personally for me I love to perform my flourishes with more smoothness then speed. That doesn't mean I'm saying speed isn't a mark of skill because it is. I'm baffled at how fast Dan can do Pandora, but at the same time I am amazed at how someone can slow it down a little and make it look just as amazing. Point being that it all depends on the person and even the flourish. Some people get bored watching smooth flourishes while other people envy how smooth a sequence is done. For me flourishing is most impressive if your moves are fluid and smooth, but that can be accomplished through speed. It's just a lot harder to get your 100mph flourish as smooth as someone else doing it at half that speed. To me it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results