Would you like to see a T11 smooth finish deck?

Would you like a T-11 smooth finish deck?

• yes

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • no

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2008
I'm in the process of reviewing another smooth finish deck (Piatnik Clubs) and it got me thinking about USPCCs smooth finish decks. The Steamboat (RIP) beloved by many magicians, and Aladdin 1001s, another highly sought after deck. It seems that, with the exception of perhaps the Aviators, many magicains and cardists generally praise USPCC smooth finish decks but none of the businesses making specialty decks, T11, E, or Big Blind, actually contract a deck with a smooth finish. So I am just curious how many of you would be interested in that?

that would be an interesting idea. they would really have to up the ante on that to get a deck that is suitable for magic and cardistry, and that compare to those other decks. but this might be a nice direction to go to.
i would like to hear an opinion from the staff.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Never handled a smooth finish deck, so I honestly have no opinion in the matter. I'd probably get a couple decks if they did one just to check them out, though.

I'd be interested in these decks.

Coming from t11, i'd expect them to look elegant as hell. I've never had my hands on one of these decks yet, but i've never heard anything bad about Steamboat's or Aladdin's. It's only a matter of time now before I go and spring for a few packs from D&D.

So yeah, i'd love to see what theory11 would do with a deck like this.

ATH

May 1, 2010
I'm in the process of reviewing another smooth finish deck (Piatnik Clubs) and it got me thinking about USPCCs smooth finish decks. The Steamboat (RIP) beloved by many magicians, and Aladdin 1001s, another highly sought after deck. It seems that, with the exception of perhaps the Aviators, many magicains and cardists generally praise USPCC smooth finish decks but none of the businesses making specialty decks, T11, E, or Big Blind, actually contract a deck with a smooth finish. So I am just curious how many of you would be interested in that?

You forgot Streamlines ;)

I think a decent smooth finish is hard to get right, and isn't as widely appreciated. Also, I would not buy a Theory 11 smooth finish deck if it was anything like the decks they currently sell. They would have to step it up on the quality or at least make a better back design :rolleyes:

Stickin' to Streamlines for now,
Austin

Feb 4, 2008
All decks come out smooth finished.

To get the usual Air-cushion/cambric finish (aka dimples), the cards go through a calendering machine.

I believe a calendering machine simply super heats and presses the black liner board giving it a glossier and more durable finish. Perhaps this is the part of the process where USPCC adds their cambric dimples but it doesn't mean that a smooth finished deck hasn't gone through a calendering process.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results