Misdirection well applied. Learn.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Lol that was hilarious... when I saw this video, and when it said if I saw the moonwalking bear, I immediately thought it was a scam vid that had that screaming lady, and I took off my headphones... but now, it's absolutely obvious that there was a moonwalking bear....

Mar 29, 2008
I must admit that I did see the guy dressed like a bear...

I thought..."why the hell is that guy dress like that? and dancing around...whatever oh hell no!! I miss some passes.."

and it`s because I am a very visual person...

some people are like that, the human eyes has a 180º visual range, and some people can either be looking at your eyes, and detect movement in your hands, it`s hard to find somebody like that..but it happens from time to time

you can`t hope to misdirect everybody in an audience let`s say you misdirect 9 out of 10 people each 5 performances, so it`s 1 people out of 50..don`t feel bad about that...it`s not because your misdirection is bad....it`s just that 1 person is very visual...that has happened to me before...

Hmm, I wonder if it is your reasoning, or perhaps that you read the title of the topic and watched the video with intention of NOT being misdirected. What makes taht a powerful advertisement is the fact that if you focus on finding the number of passes you will miss the bear.

I think this really hightlights that misdirection isn't something that just happens, but needs to be directed so that the audience can't see it coming and will naturally look away because of the principles of misdirection.

Find Gary Kurtz notes - Leading with your Head - for a thought provoking look at how to approach and build natural misdirection in your show and work.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm, I wonder if it is your reasoning, or perhaps that you read the title of the topic and watched the video with intention of NOT being misdirected. What makes taht a powerful advertisement is the fact that if you focus on finding the number of passes you will miss the bear.

I think this really hightlights that misdirection isn't something that just happens, but needs to be directed so that the audience can't see it coming and will naturally look away because of the principles of misdirection.

Find Gary Kurtz notes - Leading with your Head - for a thought provoking look at how to approach and build natural misdirection in your show and work.

Some people just observe differently. I've never 'fallen' for these videos, I always see what they don't think I'll see, and I can usually still pay attention to whatever they tell me to pay attention to. I counted the passes in this video and instantly noticed the bear come on. I also caught most of the tricksy bits in Richard Wiseman's video, though I think I didn't fully register the first one, just thought, "Wait .. something's different other than the cards."

I think part of it is just how my brain parses information. I never just watch one thing, I'm always looking around. Admittedly, I am a fairly paranoid person.

misdirection

****, really really nice post!

when i first watch the video ive focus on white shirt team but when the question show, there is a black dress bear that dances comes from right to left. if there were no question saying that "did you see the moonwalking bear?" i think i did not see it or realized that there is a black bear dancing on the center.

NICE VIDEO!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results