I love live TV - Phenomenon!

Oct 31, 2007
I highly advise you to listen to Penn Gillette's radio interview with Mr. Angel. I'm sure that your idea of how he accomplishes his illusions will change.

Shane K.

PS...

This goes for you too Stillman. Trust me, you wont regret it.

If this is the same radio interview of when Blaine was in the bubble for a week, where Angel downright calls out Blaine and challenges him to a "anytime, anywhere magic showdown", I will pass. I heard it, and I frankly think that Criss Angel has to come to terms with reality: He is not as entertaining as he hyped up to be.

Right now, nobody else is domesticating magic like Angel is, which is good, and bad. I think it is great that he wants to get the general idea of magic away from traditional tux and stage performances (which, he himself has one with the luxor up through 2013), and into the homes of America. I really don't think he is a great performer. Not too many of his stunts/ illusions / effects are new and exciting. He isn't pushing magic to any new heights or attracting new people. He is living in the now, and he is riding his hype around Las Vegas, with his lambo, his viper: c'mon. This isn't what magic should be about. It isn't about the cars, and the money, and the bad azz hotel rooms, or the women. It is about creating an illusion for people to not only enjoy, but to ponder. Criss' world is all about himself, and his glorious contribution to magic.

Give me a selfless Brad Christian in a weekly televised series any day over Angel

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
If this is the same radio interview of when Blaine was in the bubble for a week, where Angel downright calls out Blaine and challenges him to a "anytime, anywhere magic showdown", I will pass. I heard it, and I frankly think that Criss Angel has to come to terms with reality: He is not as entertaining as he hyped up to be.

Nope. That isn't the interview I'm talking about. Let me see if I can find the link for you, okay?

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Roger that. I'll be here :D PM it to me, or post it here.

I found it. Geez...it was burried, but I got it.

Seriously though, check it out. I'm pretty sure that a guy with a show that has the name "Bull ****!" would be jumping down anyones throat that claims to have supernatural powers and stuff...

Anywho, enjoy! :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtlpkjGXQeQ

Sincerely,

Shane K.

PS...

Please, anyone else who has the spare time. Listen to that link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Wisconsin
it will probably be on tv tommarow somewhere. probably on the E! channel. Or on the tonight show tommarow or some talk show or something. But for sure all over youtube.

trust me, it'll be on youtube tommorrow....followed by NBC takedown notices.

OH AND NBC post full episodes online. So check back either tommarow or the next day, It will be up im sure, idk how edited it will be but it will be there.

Oct 21, 2007
Mike is awesome. I've seen his show a few years ago and I'm seeing him on the 3rd in PA. If anybody gets the chance, you should check him out.

PatrickDonovan, After watching mike and looking at his face and expressions, doesn't he remind you of that actor from the movie "Dutch" it was the kid in that movie, he also was in the movie "Empire Records" he played the tweeked out kid I think. For some reason he reminded me of him. I think the actors name is "Ethen Embry" before his name was Ethen Randall then he changed it to Ethen Embry.

Oct 31, 2007
http://www.pennfans.net/view/Audio_Archive/PennRadio/The.Penn.Jillette.Radio.Show.2006.05.08/

Listen to this podcast Penn had with Criss Angel. You tell me, that Criss Angel is a class act after listening to this. I never was a fan of Penn, really. While I agree, Penn has some good material, I think as a public icon, he is quite the jerk. How are you not going to call David Blaine a friend one minute, but call him a friend to justify your jokes about him. "It's ok to make fun of friends" but just 10 seconds ago, you saying the opposite. Screw off Penn. When he shocks the world like Blaine has, trust me, I will be the first with my foot in my mouth. ON TO ANGEL!

Angel saying "Blaine is known for who he dates- I want to be known for what I do" WOW, what a jerk. Blaine is known for being a great card magician, and pushing himself to overcome whatever challenges he has set for himself. Regardless if it is a physical endurance challenge, or if it is new material for his street magic, he is going above and beyond. "David Blaines biggest fear is me. I am the real deal." - Angel.

You want me to support that? LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. It will change how you fell about the man.

Oct 21, 2007
I must say, If Blaine and Criss Angel were to challenge, That would be one AMAZING show. I would love to watch that, I believe Criss Angel also thought that would be AWESOME to do, each of them doing all they can with magic, stunts, and illusions. That would be sweet.

Sep 1, 2007
NBC puts their shows on the website to view for free (in the NBC store) so don't worry about seeing it on youtube, NBC will take care of it for you.

I have dvr.
Quote:
"I'll give you a million dollars if you can tell me specifically what is in the enveloped.Non Of that energy crap."Un-quote

It's just a man performing an illusion..Not different from Criss Angel.Criss Angel thinks He's the only one that can do that..And I hope he reads every magic forum talking about the crap he pulled.

http://www.pennfans.net/view/Audio_Archive/PennRadio/The.Penn.Jillette.Radio.Show.2006.05.08/

Listen to this podcast Penn had with Criss Angel. You tell me, that Criss Angel is a class act after listening to this. I never was a fan of Penn, really. While I agree, Penn has some good material, I think as a public icon, he is quite the jerk. How are you not going to call David Blaine a friend one minute, but call him a friend to justify your jokes about him. "It's ok to make fun of friends" but just 10 seconds ago, you saying the opposite. Screw off Penn. When he shocks the world like Blaine has, trust me, I will be the first with my foot in my mouth. ON TO ANGEL!

Angel saying "Blaine is known for who he dates- I want to be known for what I do" WOW, what a jerk. Blaine is known for being a great card magician, and pushing himself to overcome whatever challenges he has set for himself. Regardless if it is a physical endurance challenge, or if it is new material for his street magic, he is going above and beyond. "David Blaines biggest fear is me. I am the real deal." - Angel.

You want me to support that? LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. It will change how you fell about the man.

If I had One question To tell Criss angel is that
To call david Blaine Out..On streets,No stooges,No preparation..Non
Remember ,Morgan Strebler Called him out but We havent gotten Info on that..

My problem with it was that the day prior, on the season finale of MindFreak, Criss Angel "connected" with the dead. I failed to understand his logic: Jim Callahan is a faking his performance, but Criss Angel can connect with the other side. Why can't they both?

Furthermore, I didn't understand why he needed to embarrass -- or at least attempt to -- Jim Callahan. Not only that, but he also basically challenged him to a metaphorical fight by standing up from his seat and cursing at him on live TV. I thought it was unnecessary -- Callahan's career is basically being shown to the world on national television, and, in my opinion, to take shots at his livelihood and his passion seemed disrespectful and unfathomable.

Moreover, I thought that it was hypocritical, and unprofessional. If he's going to challenge Callahan, then he should have challenged every performer. Further, he has the audacity to plug Season Four of MindFreak on A&E, after the incident, and then continues to unduly criticize it. I liked him last week as a judge. Now, I'm rooting for Mr. Geller. :)

Maybe it's just me...

Cheers,
JTM
I with you..

I agree with giving props to Criss for calling him out. I don't believe other people claimed that THEY had supernatural powers. Most of them were connections between people or subconscious communication, but nothing supernatural. Criss said on his radio interview with Penn one time that he doesn't believe that ANYONE has supernatural powers. Jim's act was WAY over the top in my opinion, and I agreed that it was comical. so props to Criss.

In my opinion a heckler is someone that is heckling and disrupting an otherwise good performance. Giving harsh commentary afterwards isn't heckling, it's simply criticism. Mean, perhaps. But still just criticism.
Is'nt Criss Claiming supernatural powers.?
"I can Connect with the dead"?
Exactly..
Every magician is an actor,Blaine,Angel ETC.

Angel Is a millionare and waht I think Is that He does'nt let other people Claim That their Supernatural..
C'mon.If it's acting then it's acting..
Just listen to hitler's qoute.

Sep 9, 2007
I must say, If Blaine and Criss Angel were to challenge, That would be one AMAZING show. I would love to watch that, I believe Criss Angel also thought that would be AWESOME to do, each of them doing all they can with magic, stunts, and illusions. That would be sweet.

Maybe i just don't get it, but a magic-battle seems like the most anti-climatic non-fighting battle ever...

"I'll see you're double lift and raise you a snap change! HA!" (does the in-your-face-curvy-neck-thing)

Oct 21, 2007
Phrozunsun, hehe I am picturing that right now after reading it.

I believe it would have more to it though. I mean both of these magicians would be going all out on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results