Nick Ganesh | Sandwich?

Jul 28, 2009
NOTE: The reason only half the deck is used is due to the method and its requirements. In performance and presentation, it is justified through patter.

A visual Sandwich effect called Forensics because of the song. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

This idea was given to me by a friend of mine and I created the trick a year ago. It is not just a "youtube" effect as I do perform it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWwgYI0ycQ

Thanks.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Cool stuff dude. Most of it is basic except for the last part where you make it go back and forth. I really liked it. Also, it was an editing trick where you made the deck...decrease?....right?

Awesome.

-G

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Cool stuff dude. Most of it is basic except for the last part where you make it go back and forth. I really liked it. Also, it was an editing trick where you made the deck...decrease?....right?

Awesome.

-G

I don't know if you're joking, but he uses a part of Dan White's Compression, which is unreleased and was performed by David Blaine on his Dive of Death TV Special. Very awesome trick Nick. Good luck with it.

-Casey

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that. I am pretty dumb them. :). I had to idea that that was actually possible. That is awesome!

Thanks Casey. That just made the trick so much better.

-G

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for clearing that up casey, yes its by dan white and dan hauss and it is completely impromptu and can be done with a shuffled and normal deck.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm saying the sandwich could be done with a full deck...the shrinking doesn't make sense...mind sharing the patter?

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for clearing that up a bit shane (thougts on the effect?).

Also, you are correct creeper, this can be done with a whole deck, but i jsut "felt" like doing it with half the deck. In real life, my patter would be [after i finish doing a similar effect] id say "taht maybe a bit hard to follow, ill get rid of half the deck to make it easier"

Sep 1, 2007
I don't know if you're joking, but he uses a part of Dan White's Compression, which is unreleased and was performed by David Blaine on his Dive of Death TV Special. Very awesome trick Nick. Good luck with it.

-Casey

um no, your wrong.

Compression is a trick that is based around the inflated deck principle, which has been explored by many different magicians. Lin Searles is said to be the first to publish the principle in The Card Expert(1938) Martin Gardner has some work on it in The New Phoenix(1954) and David Harkey has applications for it in his book Simply Harkey. I also believe Gregory Wilson has used this principle.

read boox.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
um no, your wrong.

Compression is a trick that is based around the inflated deck principle, which has been explored by many different magicians. Lin Searles is said to be the first to publish the principle in The Card Expert(1938) Martin Gardner has some work on it in The New Phoenix(1954) and David Harkey has applications for it in his book Simply Harkey. I also believe Gregory Wilson has used this principle.

read boox.

I'm not wrong, it actually uses Compression or a form of it. I'm not wrong at all, it's just one of the most recent sources in which the principle is used. Sorry Creeper if thats all I know about it.

Feb 16, 2010
Personally, I really hate the sandwich plot, and I am going to stick with my gut on this one.

And yes, Shane, Marlo does have quite a bit of work with the inflated deck.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not wrong, it actually uses Compression or a form of it. I'm not wrong at all, it's just one of the most recent sources in which the principle is used. Sorry Creeper if thats all I know about it.

Your saying it uses Compression...it does not...thus you are wrong...

Sep 1, 2007
...And CR, youre ignorant on magic history.

Compression uses the inflated deck principla which Creeper gave you a fairly good history of. Therefore compression uses the method seen in the video, not the other way around. Get it?

This doesnt use compression. Youre wrong. Stop acting so cocky and thinking you know everything and go read an actual magic book rather then getting the newest DVD. K thx.

Sorry if this sounds douchey.. but seriously.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
...And CR, youre ignorant on magic history.

Compression uses the inflated deck principla which Creeper gave you a fairly good history of. Therefore compression uses the method seen in the video, not the other way around. Get it?

This doesnt use compression. Youre wrong. Stop acting so cocky and thinking you know everything and go read an actual magic book rather then getting the newest DVD. K thx.

Sorry if this sounds douchey.. but seriously.

Read my last post. I said it used the last part of Compression, which is NOT WRONG. Excuse me for not remembering the inflated deck principle. I wasn't ignorant of magic history at all, he just said something regarding me that wasn't true so I pointed him out on his error. I don't know a lot about magic history so stop calling me out and stating false claims to make yourself look superior. Just shut it. I can't take you seriously after saying "K thx."

And the read an actual magic book and stop buying the newest DVD is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard. Stop being a whiney 12 year old douche and actually explain something without being an assh*le. Thanks.

-Casey

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 28, 2009
wow. so i guess you like the effect huh guys? jk but srsly, i would really love some input on the effect. i guess i would have to agree with the most educated in the magic industry which would have to be shane and zach, but either way, i would love to get some feedback on the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results