What website offers online card magic tutorials?

Jul 29, 2010
I'm looking for a website that offers step by step tutorials on card magic and sleight of hand tricks. I'm just a beginner but I really want to learn about card magic for free. Please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm looking for a website that offers step by step tutorials on card magic and sleight of hand tricks. I'm just a beginner but I really want to learn about card magic for free. Please help me!

In short: No.

The artists and creators that have come up with this material deserve to be paid for it. The Royal Road to Card Magic can be found for less than $10 USD after shipping.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Since you're new, you may not know this, so I'll keep it brief.

It is considered unethical to download, view, or otherwise learn from resources that are sold for money, but that you did not pay for. In other words, barring books that have passed into public domain, and releases that are offered by their creator for free, things that are created and sold or otherwise offered by anyone are off limits.

The reason for this is to support the artist, and to respect the work the creator has put into their magic.

Still, there are other avenues if you're not ready for or unwilling to pay for magic at the moment. Go to your local library. It will often have magic books. Go look for books in the public domain. There are many good ones. Look for special offers. Some people may offer you free previews of a larger work.

But in the end, please be aware that you will be expected to pay for most of the magic that you acquire, for ethical reasons.

Jun 2, 2008
antioch Ca U.S.A
Ok I know it is hard to start out with nothing because we were all beginers at one point. I also know that you want to know the big bad tricks right off the bat so you can start wowing your friends and parrents ect.

I personally think (now being on the other side of the hill) that if you didn't start with those "boring or stupid tricks" you wouldn't be able to do the "better" ones (I put "" because it doesn't actually mean the it's the trick more the performance).

The diffrent sleights and moves take a while to get down and are hard to get. You can ask any more experianced performer and they WILL say they are working on something or practicing something. That way they can get better and achive more. As a performing community we don't want someone to go out there and use a really great effect and really screw it up. It just makes all of us look bad and it makes the person who is watching less interested the next time someone will show them a trick

Another thing to think about is performing. Like a trick you really have to practice it. It does take practice and anyone who says it doesn't is straight out lying. A good trick doesn't come with a good trick it comes with the performance. I have seen people do a very powerful effect such as stigmata and it barely affects them because the performance ABSOULUTLY sucked. I also have seen the exact opposite.

Personally I say magic is mostly practice. 80% practicing the trick and performance 15% actual performance and 5% trick. I know it's not exact but practice is EVERYTHING.

So with that I would say go to your library and check out a couple magic books. Or if you have some money buy Card collage (at least the first one) or Mark Wilsons complete course in Magic. Then practice in a mirror. Then in a video camera (see if you can catch yourself) then to someone you know that if you slip up they won't tell. THEN go to the public. It's like anything else you just have to work your way up.

Hope that helped

watch the theory11 beginer video that might help. but any dover edition books are alll under $10 . there is also a free version of expert at the card table on a website it might be geniimagazine.com but i cant remember

Jun 10, 2010
This Is a Free One I Found. It's Got A Lot Of Free Card Stuff..

Card Sharks

Cheers Mate

Classic. LOL.

Regarding free material...

Erdnase.com

EATCT is now public domain, and the Conjuring Arts Research Center has made S.W. Erdnase's book into a free pdf. I would also recommend getting the Royal Road to Card Magic, by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue. Amazing book, and I got it from a magic shop for about 10 dollars. Was my first buy, along with an invisible deck.

Sep 20, 2009
I've heard tell that Expert Card Technique is also a free download...

i don't know much about that, i've had my copy for a long while. just what i've heard

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results