Getting Tired

Mar 16, 2010
Lithuania
I am getting realy tired of cards. Shift this, pass that, palm other... It realy starts to anoy me. I just dont feel happy with cards in my hands anymore. I want to get into more of other magic stuff rather than card tricks (or coin tricks, because my country coins are too small and light). I want to do rubber band magic. Which DVD would you recomend the most:
Band Shark by Dan Harlan DVD,
Rubber Band Magic by Greg Moreland DVD,
Rubberband Harlan DVD,

I appreciate all of you who will help me. See you soon :)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You should pick up some material on the Cups and Balls, it's a good lesson for everyone to learn and is a good break from cards.

The routines also vary from pretty easy to complicated...depending on how long it is and what moves you use.

Rubber bands are also good- as are sponge balls...better yet-get the bunnies, they're crowd pleasers for sure.

You could also just pick up any object and try to make/think of magic with it.

Good luck!

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
I am getting realy tired of cards. Shift this, pass that, palm other... It realy starts to anoy me. I just dont feel happy with cards in my hands anymore. I want to get into more of other magic stuff rather than card tricks (or coin tricks, because my country coins are too small and light). I want to do rubber band magic. Which DVD would you recomend the most:
Band Shark by Dan Harlan DVD,
Rubber Band Magic by Greg Moreland DVD,
Rubberband Harlan DVD,

I appreciate all of you who will help me. See you soon :)

Either from Harlan definately. He did a lecture on them and was amazing. Sponge balls are great too as mentioned but rubberbands are what you want and definately easier to carry (spongeballs aren't hard to carry but bands are way easier.)

Nov 30, 2007
Stairway by Marcus Eddie and Missing Link by Chris Kenner are two of my favorite effects utilizing rubber bands. Both are available here in the 1-on-1 section, and both tricks hit the ball out of the park in my opinion. I can't speak much for the Missing Link 1-on-1, since I learned it from his book Totally Out of Control, but since it's still coming from the creator, only in video format, I can't imagine it being any worse (if not better) than the explanation in the book.

If you have any furthur questions about these two effects, feel free to ask! Hopefully I can help a little bit! Cheers and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Stairway by Marcus Eddie and Missing Link by Chris Kenner are two of my favorite effects utilizing rubber bands. Both are available here in the 1-on-1 section, and both tricks hit the ball out of the park in my opinion. I can't speak much for the Missing Link 1-on-1, since I learned it from his book Totally Out of Control, but since it's still coming creator, only in video format, I can't imagine it being any worse (if not better) than the explanation in the book.

If you have any furthur questions about these two effects, feel free to ask! Hopefully I can help a little bit! Cheers and good luck!
I second the what dejavu05 said about Missing Link. Highly recommended.

May 19, 2010
Five?

I was consider FIVE as well. It has stairway and raw linkage which are both great. Plus it has two tic tac effects that are also great. It does have one card trick but it's pretty different from other card tricks. Hoped this helped.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Stairway is based off of Harlan's work called "Traveling Cash". You cannot go wrong with any of Harlan's DVD's. Jumper is great, Banding Around is Great, Link is great, Pinnacle, etc. These are all good band resources.

Also if you want to do coin magic get a set of US coins.
You can be sure that 1 out of 20 people will only ask why are you using those and you can reply pretty easily by saying something funny or straight on, like "You want to know the truth? People started telling me that our coins are funny looking and a man once gave me a pair of these, you are one of the few to think otherwise."(from the top of my head)

Also there are a lot of non card effects out there just have to know where to look(ahem, old Magazines).

M.

Jul 13, 2009
Go with Harlan. He is GREAT with rubber bands, terrible at stealing cash registers though lol.

x3 Well when you are drunk as a skunk, it isn't easy to do anything.

Also I know it isn't rubber bands but it isn't cards heh, does anyone know if Harlan's handling for the Professor's Nightmare been release yet?

Jun 10, 2010
Just a quick question, but isn't Dan Harlan the dude who had those "Cardtoon" decks made? The one where you riffle the back of the cards and a stick figure takes off his hat and pulls out the selected card?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results